• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Video from your tug...

Be kind to our tug pilots, we cant do without them.
Barry_Cole

Video from your tug...

Post by Barry_Cole »

Have a look at this.

If you have any ideas how I can mount the Mobius, to get rid of the shakes, I would be pleased to know.

This one was mounted rigidly, but I have tried rubber mounts, and taping lead to the camera to damp the vibration.

I have seem smooth video from a tug, so it must be possible.

:( :( :( :(

BC
Peter Balcombe

Re: Video from your tug...

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Change from IC to electric? ;) ;)
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Ahhh, The ever helpful Mr B...
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Barry, have you seen these http://www.banggood.com/3D-Printed-Anti ... AmC58P8HAQ (hobbyking also do a similar one), might do what you need.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Yes, I might try one, but they are designed for Quad copters. These have High frequency, low amplitude vibration, where we have low frequency, high amplitude vibrations.

Sill we have to try everything.

BC
Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden »

Watching with interest as I now have a Mobius to play with. There are a father and son team who film a lot of the LMA shows including onboard footage and they produce top quality videos, I will try and find out how they do it.

Electric tug....about as much use as a chocolate fireguard if you want to tow more than a couple of times :D
john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

PoD, Barry

The father and son team are the Coxon's and they attached their cameras to my Klemm at Elvington last year and got some great footage. All they did was to put sticky backed velcro onto the model and use this to attach the cameras. Seemed to work fine and after filming I could pull the velcro off with ease.
There is a video on youtube of the flight, search 1/2 scale Klemm.

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Pat, the electric suggestion was very tongue in cheek as I never for a moment thought it would be a contender for Barry :D :D
I hope you find a suitable mount Barry, but suspect that something suitable for a single cylinder powered model is likely to be a little harder than for John's Klemm as that has a lot more cylinders, making the vibration model rather different.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

I agree Peter. The airframe is a lot stiffer, and has more inertia to absorb the vibration. Also as you say, his nice 5 cylinder radial is much smoother that our singles, and twins, which both have only the one bang per revolution. Nice video though, and a nice display. It was good to watch, as I did play a very very small part in it's construction.

The quest for smooth video will continue.

BC
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

So that's it then, just re-engine it with a radial :lol: