• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Scheibe SF-36R query

Fans and Thermals.
David42

Scheibe SF-36R query

Post by David42 »

I recently acquired a 3.4m Scheibe SF-36R powered glider (identified from the registration letters) along with a 2.5m and a 3.5m fully flapped pure gliders. My previous gliders were 100s competition gliders back in the 1980 so these are a step up for me.

However there is no cowl with this model and there are fittings in the wing root that mate with ball type fittings mounted on the fuselage, these are also missing.

My query is does anyone know the manufacturer of this model as a Internet search gives no results.

The finish of the fuselage is different in that is is matt and slightly rough. Maybe as a good base for a coat of paint or maybe the full scale has this finish which is another query.

It was fitted with an Enya 46-4C (four cycle) engine but I have recovered this and intend to fit an electric motor. Again the Internet gives recommendations from 50 Watt/lb to 100 Watt/lb - a wide range in both power and price. If anyone could recommend a motor/prop combination I would be very interested to hear your recommendations. As it stands it weighs 4.3 kg or 7.25 lb.
Attachments
P1030190.JPG
P1030196.JPG
P1030197.JPG
barrie burton

Re: Scheibe SF-36R query

Post by barrie burton »

David,I think it is a Robbe kit of about the late 1990ies.The metal plates are for plastic ball shaped pegs that protrude from the fus. How much do you want for ?
Noël Rumers

Re: Scheibe SF-36R query

Post by Noël Rumers »

Hi David,

Not much on this one...
But the R is for the Rotax SF36.
This has a longer nose, and that would be good to go on electric.
You could make a one off cowl for it.
I will scan the pictures I have and mail them tomorrow.

Noël