• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Krähe (Crow) motor glider

Fans and Thermals.
Jilles

Krähe (Crow) motor glider

Post by Jilles »

Hi all. after completing a large design job for Cliff Evans I made time for one of my own future projects.
It is a scale 1:3 Krähe Motor glider Crow in English. It will be powered by an electric brushless motor driving a pusher prop.
The structural computer design is completed. drawings and Laser cut files in progress.
Attached are some rendered images of the my model design in the computer and pictures of the full scale samples
Wing airfoil HQ3514 to 12. calculate mass 6 kg
Attachments
crow-2.pdf
(38.25 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
crow-1.pdf
(41.01 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Alk_9.jpg
14--5_B_neu.jpg
Barry_Cole

Re: Krähe (Crow) motor glider

Post by Barry_Cole »

Jilles,
That fuselage looks like an accident waiting to happen. How will you make it strong enough above and below the prop???

BC
Jilles

Post by Jilles »

Barry your remark on the fuse is a fair observation
On the model I have increased the height of both connections a bit. What you cannot see on the model pictures is that like the full scale there are two bracing wires on either side for the fuse starting near the rudder and running to the Wing t/e near the air brakes.
On the full scale this tail frame is a bolt on affair near the prop line

The structural details are the same as in Primary glider design and involves carbon strips as well. No problems here after two years of flying
Attachments
WIA97-L.jpg
Dion Dunn

Post by Dion Dunn »

This should be fun. I was pretty close to building one of these a couple of years back, so I will be interested in your build.
Jilles

Post by Jilles »

collected the laser cut parts from the local Laser cutter last week
A nice Jig Saw puzzle, but I created the puzzle myself so should know where it all goes

Hope to start the built in January after the 1:3 KA6E is completed

Cheers
Attachments
DSCF3452.JPG
DSCF3453.JPG