• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

SZD - 36 Cobra 15 1:3 scale

Let us all watch your new project progress.
skyhawk92

SZD - 36 Cobra 15 1:3 scale

Post by skyhawk92 »

Hi,

I started a thread on RCGroups, but one of the members convinced me to make one here too, so I'll copy to here what's been done so far.

Some time ago, I became interested in this glider, that is why I decided to show building process of it in 1 : 3 scale. Building style will be something new for many of you, especially design of the wings. Some things I'll try for the first time myself.

You can find some other airplanes I posted, build with this style here(probably you won't understand text , but there are pictures) http://forum.modelarji.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=66582
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
skyhawk92

Re: SZD - 36 Cobra 15 1:3 scale

Post by skyhawk92 »

First I decided to make wing supporters, so that epoxy will harden enough before I would need them.
Because it is not worth to make molds for one or two models, I made things differently.
I glued drawings of wing supporters on plywood and covered everything with transparent tape, so that epoxy doesn't stick on it.
I made edges from balsa and also covered them with tape and glued everything together with few drops of instant glue.
Attachments
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
skyhawk92

Post by skyhawk92 »

For reduced weight, I inserted triangular piece of balsa, which will stay inside. I fill supporter alternately with fibers and roving TEX2400 then saturated it with epoxy.
Attachments
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
skyhawk92

Post by skyhawk92 »

I placed a piece of plexiglass on everything and weighted it down. (I used a toolbox with 20 kg of LiPo batteries )
Attachments
9.JPG
10.JPG
skyhawk92

Post by skyhawk92 »

Fuselage ribs are cut and placed on the plan.
Attachments
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
skyhawk92

Post by skyhawk92 »

I started gluing slats of balsa on tail. So far I always made tail separately, but here I will make it together with fuselage, so I will have enough room for servos and elevator links.
Attachments
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.JPG
skyhawk92

Post by skyhawk92 »

I glue slats on both sides alternately.
Attachments
18.JPG
19.JPG
skyhawk92

Post by skyhawk92 »

A bit of progress...
Attachments
20.JPG
21.JPG
skyhawk92

Post by skyhawk92 »

Few more slats glued...
Attachments
22.JPG
23.JPG
skyhawk92

Post by skyhawk92 »

All slats glued and surface evenly sanded.
Attachments
24.JPG
25.JPG
26.JPG