• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Futaba 12FG programming help

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Chris V

Futaba 12FG programming help

Post by Chris V »

No doubt about it the futaba 12 fg is a good set however at times frustrating ----- Like now

I just completed a Hanger 9 Valiant glider tug and have it set up as 2Ail+2Flp wing. So I want to put the flaps on a 3 position switch and have the ability to add elevator comp; at 20 deg flap and 40 deg flap.

I studied the manual for hours now and have tried looking on different forums where there all manor of methods for doing this.

I have assumed that the 'flap' function should be used and then elev-flp compensation used ??

The question I have is in the function menu do I leave the control section blank for the flaps i.e -- for both flaps and then allocate the switch within the flap function, am I correct ??

I have been advised to use a virtual channel VC1 and allocate this to the flap function.

Any help would be appreciated as I am confused, I have tried most things and I cannot get what I think to be a straight forward function to work correctly
Barry_Cole

Re: Futaba 12FG programming help

Post by Barry_Cole »

Well, the only advice that comes to mind, is sell it and buy a Taranis...

Easy with that, and you can adjust the ele comp mix while you are flying. and then fix when it is correct.

Sorry Chris, no more help than that.

BC
Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden »

[quote="Barry_Cole"]Well, the only advice that comes to mind, is sell it and buy a Taranis...

Easy with that, and you can adjust the ele comp mix while you are flying. and then fix when it is correct.

Sorry Chris, no more help than that.

BC[/quote]
What??....thats like saying you should buy a push bike because your Jaguar is a bit complicated Barry. I too have several complicated Futaba radios but wouldnt want to exchange them.
Chris, cant help with your request but John Greenfield ( AEB ) probably could but is away on another flying holiday this week so probably wont respond until early next week.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

So, if I read this correctly, you have complicated Futaba Transmitters, but John has to program them for you.....

I rest my case.

P.S. Chris, sorry to hijack your thread, hope you get sorted.

BC
Chris V

Post by Chris V »

Thanks for the comments !!!! I will wait for John to return from his hols
Chris V

Post by Chris V »

Max sent you a pm about phone number
john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

Chris

Just got back...but off again tomorrow to set up the Baldock glider day (see Calender).
Have you got it sorted ?

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
Philkiteflyer

Post by Philkiteflyer »

Hi Chris, I also have a Futaba 12, and yes the manuals are hard to follow sometimes. I was directed to a book on Kindle.

I found it easier to follow and has more 'standard' type programs.

Good Luck,
Phillip C
"Keep it simple stupid"