• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Hitec servos

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
SP250

Hitec servos

Post by SP250 »

Just fettling my ASH26 ready for the Long Mynd scale do this weekend and had two servos pack up.

Hitec HS 5087 MH high torque & high voltage (7.4v) capable servos, smoke came out of one on the air brake - the wiring and elecronics inside are completely fried.
The one on a flap chewed its gears.
Both of these control surfaces were found not to be binding or sticky in any way once I removed the linkages and servos.

Has anyone else had problems with this specific servo - are they known to be prone to failing?

Thanks John
Barry_Cole

Re: Hitec servos

Post by Barry_Cole »

John,
Is this new, has it flown before.
SP250

Re: Hitec servos

Post by SP250 »

Barry

Model is 3rd hand and apparently flown only a few times before by both previous owners - Phil Pearson and Dave Lowe.

Since I posted the question, I spoke to J Perkins (the importer) and they report 7 failures and returns of this servo, but could not define the actual fault from their records.
Against a sales volume of 150 if you add my 2, that is 9 failures in 150 or 6%.
I am not too happy about its reliability with 8 in the wings of a 6m Let Ash 26.

John