• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Servo Oscillation on start up

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
terry white

Re: Servo Oscillation on start up

Post by terry white »

Hi Jimbo.
I take it that you tried another servo in your servo tester just to verify that it is not the tester itself.

If it is as you expect that the pot is dirty ,or the wiper is not connecting properly then yes it can be cleaned and reset quite easily.

A job for deft fingers I would say, if God has given you sausages for fingers let some one else do the job! :lol: Or as Robbie says trash it. :cry:

Carefully strip the servo apart, checking how it all fits in to the small space inside the servo box. Lay out the gears on a piece of paper and mark how they each fit back in the gear box and on which splines.
locate the wiper pot and carefully unfold the tabs that hold it all together. You are now where you think the problem is. With a clean tissue or cotton bud dipped in switch cleaner (from Maplins) clean all around the area making sure you are not leaving behind any swarf yourself. Check as you put it back together that the wiper spring is in good contact with the carbon track and carefully adjust the spring if necessary.Replace as you dismantled in reverse. and Bobs your dads brother! Or if you have sausage fingers you could send it to me and I will do it for you. ;) Regards Terry
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Well, actually, Robbie said "lash it".

Maybe he was thinking of the Fawlty Towers moment.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BC
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Barry_Cole wrote:
'...............Maybe he was thinking of the Fawlty Towers moment.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BC'
Nope, more towards our husky based form of transport up here in the frozen northern wastelands. (Brian will enter stage right any time now.........)
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

[quote="terry white"]Hi Jimbo.
I take it that you tried another servo in your servo tester just to verify that it is not the tester itself.

If it is as you expect that the pot is dirty ,or the wiper is not connecting properly then yes it can be cleaned and reset quite easily.

A job for deft fingers I would say, if God has given you sausages for fingers let some one else do the job! :lol: Or as Robbie says trash it. :cry:

Carefully strip the servo apart, checking how it all fits in to the small space inside the servo box. Lay out the gears on a piece of paper and mark how they each fit back in the gear box and on which splines.
locate the wiper pot and carefully unfold the tabs that hold it all together. You are now where you think the problem is. With a clean tissue or cotton bud dipped in switch cleaner (from Maplins) clean all around the area making sure you are not leaving behind any swarf yourself. Check as you put it back together that the wiper spring is in good contact with the carbon track and carefully adjust the spring if necessary.Replace as you dismantled in reverse. and Bobs your dads brother! Or if you have sausage fingers you could send it to me and I will do it for you. ;) Regards Terry[/quote]

Thanks Terry,
Thatd be a job for a rainy day then.
As robbie suggests ive lashed it (lol) and ordered another one, its for my prize pace, so no point skimping on a model with a model 2 year waiting list :)
Jimbo.
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

PS Why isnt the quote working?
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

jimbo wrote:PS Why isnt the quote working?
It is.....

BC
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

[quote="Barry_Cole"][quote="jimbo"]PS Why isnt the quote working?[/quote]

It is.....

BC[/quote]

Not for me!
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Jimbo,

I've been on this problem for a while now and not been able to track it down yet. It has happened to me once or twice in the past.

I'm in the process of preparing for a major update to the forum software that will, I'm informed bring some big changes as to how the forum functions, both from the user and administration aspect (we'll see........) so I'm hoping this will deal with this problem at the same time. I live in hope.

What is of far more importance however (to me anyway) is how the hell Terry knew my father had a brother named Bob!
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

jimbo wrote:
Barry_Cole wrote:
jimbo wrote:PS Why isnt the quote working?
It is.....

BC
Not for me!
Does for me.....

BC
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

[quote="Barry_Cole"][quote="jimbo"][quote="Barry_Cole"]

It is.....

BC[/quote]

Not for me![/quote]