• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Graupner radio gear

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Andy Wallace

Graupner radio gear

Post by Andy Wallace »

Anybody on here using Graupner radio gear
I've recently moved away from Spektrum and have been playing around with a MZ-24

Andrew
Barry_Cole

Re: Graupner radio gear

Post by Barry_Cole »

May God forgive him...

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BC
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

We all make our choice, God has nothing to do with it.
I'm happy with Graupner, plays nice tunes as well

G
Tony Woods

Post by Tony Woods »

I have the MZ24 Graupner it is a great set and very comfortable to handle. I have now stopped flying so the set could be sold complete with 2 x 12 channel receivers and all packing with alloy case for £250. Collect from Chandlers Ford.

Tony Woods
07973 371677

Could take to Middle Wallop on 9/10th Sept Cash sale.
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

That's a good offer Tony
Tony Woods

Post by Tony Woods »

Hi Geoff,
Yes but not as good as you saying that you want to purchase!!

Cheers,

Tony
Ps, Take no notice of Barry it's just jealousy.
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Hi Andy.
I have used Graupner equipment since 1990, mainly the MC series. Over the years I lave had a MC18, MC20, MC24, MC22 and now a new MC20. During all my competition years it performed faultlessly. The programming is pretty straightforward and expansive and the HoTT system appears to be bullet proof.I considered a MZ24 but after talking to the main agent they considered that the MC series was a better option for the types of gliders that I flew as it offered more complex mixing options.
Choice of radio gear is very much down to personal choice - different strokes for different folks.
Brian. :)
terry white

Post by terry white »

I agree with Brian, I have also flown with Graupner gear for many ,many, years without a hint of trouble. With the electronics pioneered and manufactured by J.R. it is one of the easiest to program kits available. I cannot fault it.
However I also know quite a number of flyers who fly with Spectrum gear. They also have not had any radio trouble,although others decry it as rubbish.
At the end of the day our radio transmission and receiving is done from a relatively simple set of electronics whoever builds it.

I strongly believe that most of the so called mishaps we hear of and are blamed as 'radio problems' is down to bad building or installation of the radio gear or bad piloting. :evil: Ter.
Tony Woods

Post by Tony Woods »

Terry,
You are correct radio has improved a lot since the days of ED single channel RC. In those days it usually was radio problem.
Cheers,

Tony.
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Knowing there's a few Graupner HoTT users on this, I saw this on facebook

Dear Sir or Madam,

We would like to inform you about a recall for Graupner HoTT mc-26 Remote Control transmitter out of the production lot CABH05Sxxxxxx, due to battery warning malfunction.
The recall is exclusively for transmitter:
#S1036 MC-26
# S1036.77 mc-26 without receiver
out of the production lot CABH05Sxxxxxx

All other above mentioned products are NOT affected.

The indication of the production lot can be checked inside the battery box of the transmitter. Following picture shows a transmitter out of the affected production lot. A mistake in the production of very less above mentioned transmitter causes a malfunction of the battery warning. Affected transmitters do not indicate the battery warning before switching OFF. Affected are maximum 12 transmitters out of above mentioned production lot, shipped between the 23rd June 2017 and 15th September 2017 out of Kirchheim / Teck warehouse.

If you have a transmitter out of the affected production lot, do NOT use it to operate models anymore. Please get in touch right away with our service department

Graupner / SJ gmbh
Henri Etten str. 96
D-73230 Kirchheim / teck

Email: Service@Graupner.De
Phone: +49 (0)7021 / 722-130
Fax: + 49 (0) 7021 / 722-199

At Graupner we take quality and product safety very serious. We like to apologize for the inconvenience in connection with that matter.

Kind regards

Graupner

Only a very small batch of faulty units, but worth checking if your's is one of them.