• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Workshop equipment

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
spike spencer

Re: Workshop equipment

Post by spike spencer »

"Since my workshop is a bedroom, I have to be sensitive to this."

OK. I'll get in before Barry does: Just ask the family not to use it when you are trying to sleep ! :lol:
Ian Davis

Post by Ian Davis »

John

I've just run a test. Machine running in my shed. The walls are timber with foam inlay and MDF internal panels.

Inside the shed the noise is very noticeable. (a mixture of mechanical noise and vibration.) At about 10 feet from the outside it's tough to hear it. If you concentrate then it's just about audible.

My machine is not bolted down and sits on a kitchen counter top. Some reduction in the vibration generated noise could be achieved by either getting softer rubber feet or a rubber mat.

The only other comment I would make is that if you suffer from pain in your hands then a mod. to the blade tensioning knob( top rear) might be useful. Maybe replace it with a tommy bar arrangement to reduce the effort required.

Hope this helps

Ian ;)
John Mcnamara

Post by John Mcnamara »

Hi Ian,
Mine has to sit on a chest of steel Tool drawers, but that does have a rubber top to it. I will look into the T bar though.
Thanks Ian.