• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Grapner/JR mx-16s 35Mhz to 2.4Ghz conversion, any thoughts?

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Chris Wynn

Grapner/JR mx-16s 35Mhz to 2.4Ghz conversion, any thoughts?

Post by Chris Wynn »

If I WAS tempted to convert to 2.4, which conversion system is flavour of the month?
Cheers,
Chris.
The other CW...
Barry_Cole

Re: Grapner/JR mx-16s 35Mhz to 2.4Ghz conversion, any thoughts?

Post by Barry_Cole »

Frsky every time.....

BC
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Well you would say that Barry wouldn't you.
I converted my MC22 with a Graupner Hott module 4 years ago and have found it to be absolutely bullet proof. There were no compatibility problems either. As a further bonus, the module I purchased is switchable so that I could change back to 35mhz at the flick of a (locking) switch.
Brian. :)
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Chris, I had a quick check for you and I found the conversion kits but only for the MC19/22/24 but no mention of the MX16. Why not have a chat with Elliot at Logic RC as he may be able to help.
Chris Wynn

Post by Chris Wynn »

Cheers everyone, appreciate your input.
Chris
The other CW...
Chris Wynn

Post by Chris Wynn »

[quote="B Sharp"]Chris, I had a quick check for you and I found the conversion kits but only for the MC19/22/24 but no mention of the MX16. Why not have a chat with Elliot at Logic RC as he may be able to help.
Brian. :)[/quote]

Hi Brian, thought Graupner had gone bust? I've heard some disturbing stories about their new radios, would the retro fit kits come under that heading do you think?
Cheers,
Chris.
The other CW...
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Chris,
Graupner/JR as it used to be no longer exists and has not done for well over a year now. It appears that after JR broke the link that Graupner continued with SJ, so the brand is now Graupner/SJ.
The main radio is the HoTT system. I started converted to using this system about 4 years ago by converting my 35mhz MC22 with a 2.4 HoTT module. As I said before, it has proved to have performed faultlessly and appears to be pretty much bullet proof. My old MC22 Tx (about 10 years old) was starting to fail mechanically and I decided to purchase a new Tx. I chose to buy a new MC20 HoTT Tx at the end of last year and have now installed this system throughout my whole fleet of aircraft (14 planes). I have had a problem with only two of my installations and following a discussion with Elliot at Logic RC I re-positioned the Rx aerials and that has solved the problem completely.
My local model shop owner now sells Graupner/SJ equipment and the owner has started using a MX24 in preference to his previous high-end Multiplex system. It is also the system of choice for many of my old friends in the competitive thermal soaring world.
I can only "tell it as I find it". The system works and I have not encountered anyone who has the system who does not like it.
Last edited by B Sharp on 31 May 2016, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Woods

Post by Tony Woods »

Hi All,
If anyone is interested I have a Graupner MC20 Hott system which has only been to the field once to check out the system so is as new with 2 Receivers and boxed as it was supplied.and for sale at £350. Only selling as I have stopped flying due to back problems.
Purchased from Gliders NOT foreign import.
http://www.gliders.uk.com/Graupner-MC-2 ... fo/G33020/
Collect from Chandlers Ford.
Tel 02380 906437
Mob 07973 371677

Tony
Chris Wynn

Post by Chris Wynn »

Sorry to hear about your back Tony, hope it can get sorted and get you back flying again soon.
Chris.
The other CW...
Chris Wynn

Post by Chris Wynn »

The problem seems to be that, unlike the MC series which have plug in modules, the MX series is all one piece with no plug in module. I'm sure I've read of conversions being done but it does rather seem as if some piggybank shaking would be needed if the Tx is not suitable for conversion. Decisions, decisions. What's wrong with 35Mhz anyway? Thanks for all the information which has been most helpful.
Cheers,
Chris.
The other CW...