• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

DX9 crash

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
wookman

Re: DX9 crash

Post by wookman »

Hi James.
Sorry to hear about the K8.
Junk the tx and get a second hand JR DSX9, or you are feeling flush there is a DSX12 on BMFA classified at the moment in Cornwall.
Seriously.
You can not have too many gliders, you can have too little time.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Or maybe a brand new Taranis plus.

Bc
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

Taranis or Jeti, I would not fly with Spektrum.

I have knowledge (not just rumours) of several incidents with spektrum gear, they should spend as much on their rx and software as they spend on advertising.

Check RCM&E letters page, this issue I think, a chap and his experience of Spekky, surprisingly philosophical about the problems he's had.

Jeti and FrSky don't provide false locks, just rock solid links with boring reliability.

Ell.
Andrew Ray

Post by Andrew Ray »

James, everyone who posts on the mainstream forums about a problem with Spektrum gets blown out of the water by die hards who refuse to acknowledge a number of facts, sure some of the problems could be down to poor installation and so on but HH have gone to a lot of expense to replace components and even to replace transmitters, I think that speaks for itself.

Me, I use a Taranis and I love it and touch wood, no problems.
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

The whole 'false lock' issue has me bemused. To make a system which will indicate you locked on, but then has limited range and relies on the user checking for lights on receivers is a joke. Brownouts, mega long reboot times and re-calls etc. do not inspire any kind of faith in the Spektrum system.

I was under the impression JR used a flavour of DSM - am I wrong?

Jeti has been rock solid for years now and works perfectly when you switch it on, FrSky just the same but with bargain prices and SBUS!

Ell.