Would members please note, the forum and website will be offline from 22:00h Monday 31st July while we move the site to a new server. Hopefully back in business the following evening. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Wolves MAC scale Glder fly-in Long Mynd (slope) Sunday 16th July

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
RobbieB

Re: Wolves MAC scale Glder fly-in Long Mynd (slope) Sunday 16th July

Postby RobbieB » 17 Jul 2017, 21:25

Photies:

Brian Sharp's lovely BG 135
DSC_0512.JPG

DSC_0516.JPG

Keith Thomas' beautiful Silene
DSC_0522.JPG

DSC_0524.JPG

The fog cometh.
DSC_0526.JPG

DSC_0527.JPG

Look, no hands!
DSC_0529.JPG

DSC_0530.JPG

There's always someone in the way.........
DSC_0532.JPG

Ray Watts

Postby Ray Watts » 18 Jul 2017, 05:29

Look, no hands!

I do find that they seem to fly much better when I stop interfering with them, and I gain height to.

I must learn to step back and watch more.

Ray
It's always calmer indoors :D

John Slater

Postby John Slater » 18 Jul 2017, 08:32

Hi Ray,
You must share to source of that `on board pilot' because to find the only bowling green at the bottom of the Mynd with a perfect landing was pure joy to see, or not to see.
I was contemplating some new radio after the problems I had, but I will now get one of those on board pilots.
A truly great weekend for me to meet all the lovely people that turned up and some of you travelling a very long way, thank you.
I must get on with the repairs now, so see you all soon.
John

roo Hawkins

Postby roo Hawkins » 18 Jul 2017, 09:18

Thanks all for a great event . Good to meet some names I have not met before and good to try my DG 800 off the slope. See you at the next event ROO :D Good news on the wedding of Paul Watkins and John Sault :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geoff Pearce

Postby Geoff Pearce » 18 Jul 2017, 14:30

A great weekend, some good flying when conditions allow. Thanks for all the help and knowledge from the locals, I could have done a Ray.
Don't forget Scrivenham soon. Ice creams Ray?
Thanks also to Mark, for the work he put in to arrange the meet.

G

Ray Watts

Postby Ray Watts » 18 Jul 2017, 16:00

Actually Geoff, it was me who said "I wouldn't if I were you" and then I did :-(

DOH!!!
It's always calmer indoors :D

Geoff Pearce

Postby Geoff Pearce » 18 Jul 2017, 16:22

Ray Watts wrote:Actually Geoff, it was me who said "I wouldn't if I were you" and then I did :-(

DOH!!!

Ah so you did, thanks, not a local then.
Good advice :x :lol: :lol:

Mark Richards

Postby Mark Richards » 18 Jul 2017, 18:25

Many thanks to every one who came to the event over the weekend, especially those travelling long distances.
From New Zealand, Paul and Juliene Chisholm were the furthest from home, coming down from the Wirrel where they were visiting family.
Friday night's BBQ went well and it was great to see so many wives and partners at the meal on Saturday night, it made for a great atmosphere.
Although Sunday's fly-in ended prematurely with a lunch time wind swing to the North, the early start meant that there were enough flights and pilot's votes to decide the outcome of the 'best pilot/model competition.
Brian Sharp won the vintage section with his lovely 1/3 scale BG 135 with John Slater running up with the second incarnation of his stunning 1/4 scale Airspeed Tern.
In the modern section, Keith Thomas came first with his beautiful and unusual 1/4 scale CE-75 Silene and Ray Watts came second, airing his ASW 26. Congratulations to all.
Finally, thanks to all for posting comments and photo's.

RobbieB

Postby RobbieB » 18 Jul 2017, 21:49

Ray, in which of the two gardens in the photie did the 'miracle' occur?

the_miracle.jpg

terry white

Postby terry white » 20 Jul 2017, 16:41

Hi Guys, sorry for the late posting, but from the fly -in I went on to Doncaster and stayed a few nights with the relies. Just got back and had a chuckle at the postings.At the camp site I made a few observations that cant go unmentioned. :roll:

The last time I was at the Mynd was in 2015,looking around the friends that I met there it appears that Paul W and I are the only ones who seems to have aged!! :roll:

Eric F Who brought enough stuff with him to start a new home and a tent the size of my bungalow, told us he had forgotten his sleeping bag and lost his wallet. on the second day he said that while rummaging through his stuff he found his wallet. I said rummage some more you may find your sleeping bag!! :D

On the way back from the slope to the camp site there was a large bag of sheep's wool that had fallen from the sheerer, now I don't wish to stir things but Roo told everybody that it had fallen from Paul.W car. ;) :oops:

and so the weekends fun went on, a very enjoyable time, Thanks again to the Wolves club and especially to Mark Richards for arranging it all.

Kind regards to you all Terry and Rick.

Return to “UK Scale Soaring Events”