• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

RCSD Magazine

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
VinceC
Site Admin

RCSD Magazine

Post by VinceC »

Download the latest Jan. issue. You won't be disappointed

http://www.rcsoaringdigest.com/pdfs/RCS ... 017-01.pdf
Ian Davis

Re: RCSD Magazine

Post by Ian Davis »

Vince

Thanks for posting that. A great read.

Ian
Simon WS

Post by Simon WS »

Something for everyone there.

One of our local gliding buddies passed away this year and he had built and crashed a big Hols De Tuefel. i've been wondering about contacting his widow and re-building it in his memory. I doubt I would actually get much joy out of flying it (I suspect it's roll capabilities aren't great!) but I guess it would be a nice thing to do...

Mind you it's probably in the skip by now.

Simon
eric friend

Post by eric friend »

A very timely posting Simon - it's exactly one year ago today that our very good friend David died - a reminder from the other side?

For those who haven't seen it previously, here's an excellent 'Goodwind Soaring' video of David's lovely Hols De Tuefel.
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

That is a lovely model. Any details about the plan?
Paul W

Post by Paul W »

VinceC wrote:That is a lovely model. Any details about the plan?
Hello Vince, there are no plans as such. David (the builder of the model in the video) asked me to do a
basic CAD tracing from the original 3 view. This was then scaled to the size he wanted to build it at...1/3rd scale IIRC.
He then improvised the rest of the structure from there. The model had 'interesting' stall characteristics
presumably because it used the full-size wing section...David was planning to rebuild the wing with one
of the HQ sections and had the laser cut ribs ready. Sadly he passed away before he could take the project
any further.

[youtube][/youtube]
Attachments
hols.jpg
photo 2.jpg
hols 2.jpg
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Thanks Paul
Simon WS

Post by Simon WS »

The owner, David, asked me to try and fly it and I can vouch for the fact that it was a bitch to fly! I've never flown anything like it - it wouldn't fly fast or slow and it seemed that anything we tried - loads of rudder no rudder gentle inputs, aggressive inputs didn't work. And that stall........
As Paul said we had plans to give it an HQ section which I'm sure would have worked but I'm not sure we'll get the chance now as David's widow doesn't respond to our contact attempts.

Simon