• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Problems with Wild Life Trust

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
B Sharp

Re: Problems with Wild Life Trust

Post by B Sharp »

While flying at my local slope a few years ago in the company of our usual family of 6 or seven Buzzards, I was approached by a slightly hysterical lady in a Scottish National Heritage jumper. She demanded that I land my glider immediately as I was scaring the big birds to death (“can’t you hear them screaming”?). I tried to explain the circumstances to her but she was oblivious to what I was saying and threatened to call the police.
I landed and proceeded to re-educate her regarding all the birds on the hill (I am also a RSPB member) and their habits. Her reference to the screaming was actually the Buzzard’s natural “I am here” calls. Eventually she headed off down the hill muttering darkly but was never seen again.
My advice is: know your rights, know your hill, know your birdlife and their habits and speak with authority.
Brian. :)
terry white

Post by terry white »

Hi Mark, thanks for the input. If you have more info of the earlier problem with names, dates and places it would be helpfull.
We are schedualing a meeting for the end of Feb so we have some time yet to get all our details together. Ter
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

It might be a good idea to Cary the article in RCME about flying drones for birds of prey. A very interesting article .

Geoff