• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Parcel

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
mjcp
Location: A wind swept hill with no wind, in driving distance of Windsor, UK

Re: Parcel

Post by mjcp »

Good news!

Parcel Farce's charges have always annoyed me. If I had a choice, I'd never have anything shipped to me by them... China post can get a parcel to the UK in 48 hours, Parcel Farce can't get the same parcel from Birmingham to Berkshire in 5 days!

M
m̶j̶c̶p̶ Marc

Hanger -
Some (now) pristine models that are un-flown for a year.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Agreed, they are best kept away from if possible. I have had nothing but trouble with them over the years. I also did some work for them, and they were the customer from hell.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BC
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

I agree totally with your comments, unfortunately I am forced to use them regularly as they are one of the very few carriers who will deliver to my house at standard UK rate. Although I live 5 miles north of the City of Perth in the central belt of Scotland most carriers surcharge me as if my post code was just to the north of Shetland. Its not fun being charged £25 postage on a £5 item.
Brian. :x :x :x
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

There are no charges for items from the EU. Small ITEms usually get though, however large items from Asia's and the us are checked.
jack

Post by jack »

l avoid parcel farce/royal mail when ever possible....thier rates and charges are ludicrously high,there are now a goodly number of courier companys around,yes l had a bad expierience once when l sent a package to cliff,but if you request a signature all is well,and at a fraction of what the royal mail charges.
mjcp
Location: A wind swept hill with no wind, in driving distance of Windsor, UK

Post by mjcp »

Cliff Evans wrote:I may have found the reason for the extra charges from Parcelforce: http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/23/parcelfor ... 8378/#mv-a
Apparently it was "spontaneous"... so much so, he returned multiple times to repeat the "spontaneous" act :lol:
m̶j̶c̶p̶ Marc

Hanger -
Some (now) pristine models that are un-flown for a year.