• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Build Table

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Martin Gough

Build Table

Post by Martin Gough »

I will in time begin a build of a 1/4 scale glider and was wondering as a start what different ideas
people have for build tables and fuselage jigs. As a youngster I remember using sundeaka which as
great for pushing pins into. I also have a question around what different covering
are used to protect the plans when being used.

Regards Martin.
Trevor

Re: Build Table

Post by Trevor »

Im sure you'll get lots of suggestions, but here goes:
I use an old flush door, faced with cork tiles. Make sure that the tiles are proper flooring grade (at least 6mm thick)- there are lots of flimsy ones sold as wall or wall/floor tiles which are not much use. For light jobs, pins can be pushed into the cork; where a stronger hold is needed a tap with the hammer fixes the pin in the underlying door skin.

For plan protection, I just use old polythene bags (one mattress bag will keep you going for a long time!), or the backing off covering film.
Martin Gough

Post by Martin Gough »

Thank you Trevor for the info.
Regards Martin.
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Sundela board over an old kitchen worktop. For plans protection I use the Slec stuff http://www.slecuk.com/balsa-wood/Plan-P ... SL528.html
alibodin

Post by alibodin »

I use plaster board secured to my work top. Accepts pins nicely and I use cling film to cover the plans.

Alistair