• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Forum/Chrome issue?

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
mjcp
Location: A wind swept hill with no wind, in driving distance of Windsor, UK

Forum/Chrome issue?

Post by mjcp »

Just a heads up...

In the past few days I have noticed some issues viewing the forum from Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit).

Symptoms:
Open forum, it opens OK. Click the unread posts and then it sits there, title and nothing else.

Refresh, I see title, plus Quick links buttons etc, but nothing else. I click something like "unread posts" and it sits spinning with a blank page (sometimes a title banner and nothing else.

I have tried with my ad blocker on and off - same issues.

All works fine on the same connection but with Edge and IE.

I shall try with some other machines later on... but seems to be Chrome only on the current machine rather than firewalls/ISP etc.

Marc
m̶j̶c̶p̶ Marc

Hanger -
Some (now) pristine models that are un-flown for a year.
RobbieB

Re: Forum/Chrome issue?

Post by RobbieB »

Marc,

I have looked at the forum with the Chrome browser on W10, two Linux machines (Mint 18 and Fedora) and an Android tablet and I've had no issues with any of them. I think you might have a problem with your particular browser or your machine.
mjcp

Post by mjcp »

Its like the Forum software hasn't created the whole page... (see attachment - seems a bunch of code is missing...?)

Is there some CSS logic going on? (That's dropping the Body based on a mis-read/mis-report of the browser type)

Marc
Attachments
screen_Capture.PNG
m̶j̶c̶p̶ Marc

Hanger -
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Marc,

The simple answer to your question is I have absolutely no idea.

I have little if any experience with Chrome as I don't use it. I only have it installed on the OS mentioned above as a test facility for instances such as this. All those installations have it installed with its generic default configuration and they work fine.

Sorry I can't be more help.
mjcp

Post by mjcp »

Its working for me at home... hey ho!

marc
m̶j̶c̶p̶ Marc

Hanger -
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Glad to hear it Marc.

I should have mentioned in my earlier post that CSS formatting is a server side function and seeing as the site is functioning ok on several different platforms then the problem cannot lay there.
john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about....or even if it is English !!? but thank you for your efforts to keep the forum going.

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
mjcp

Post by mjcp »

RobbieB wrote:Glad to hear it Marc.

I should have mentioned in my earlier post that CSS formatting is a server side function and seeing as the site is functioning ok on several different platforms then the problem cannot lay there.
My thoughts were given the lack of code in the server's response, perhaps it was failing to correctly read the browsers report of version etc... and thus serving a half empty/incorrectly built page back...
m̶j̶c̶p̶ Marc

Hanger -