• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Washout included in Flight mode trim?

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
John Vella

Re: Washout included in Flight mode trim?

Post by John Vella »

Jilles, what you raise about gliders increasing washout at slow speed by raising the ailerons a couple of degrees is very interesting. I fly a third scale ASW15 (Airworld) and find the low speed handling very benign and like the full size. I would be interested how you get on with your set up . The only negative to this set up might be a slight degradation of efficiency with the span wise distribution of lift when thermaling? Regards John.
Jilles

Re: Washout included in Flight mode trim?

Post by Jilles »

The remark of John Vella is right. you loose a bit of efficiency at low speed. Like Cliff I have a Taranis and the programming options are endless.
One could have the aileron raising feature only at landing when you do not want tip stalling. On the ASW15 one could program this with the landing gear switch. wheel down ailerons up a bit. A kind of half crow setting that competion gliders use. On the ASW15 my landing gear will operate automatically with the Taranis. With take off the wheel retracts at 20 m or is lowered when going below 20 m. This works fine on my ASK14 motor glider. One should hear the shouting of bystanders trying to tell me I forgot the landing gear when on finals. For this feature you will need the add on Vario/altimeter module the high resolution model preferred.
Every time you switch on the TX one has to reset the flight data, RH bottom button, to make sure you take off a 0 meters altitude
My ASW15 is scratch built own design and wings needs painting only. The job I hate the most. profile is HQ3512 at root HQ3510 at the tip, no washout.