• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Logon Warning

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Philkiteflyer

Logon Warning

Post by Philkiteflyer »

Hi , I seem to be getting a warning each time I go to logon using the button provided. See meesage attached.
Can anyone tell me what to do to get rid of it please?
Has the site been hacked again?

Phillip C

PS: I DID NOT click the 'Learn More' button just in case.
Attachments
Screen shot.JPG
"Keep it simple stupid"
RobbieB

Re: Logon Warning

Post by RobbieB »

Phil,

No the site hasn't been hacked it is simply a warning to bring to your attention that the site doesn't have an SSL certificate allocated to it.

If you look at the address bar before you log on you will see the padlock icon with a red line through it indicating it is not a secure site (whatever that might be.........) - hence the http and not https designation.

SSL certificates do not give you any protection against intrusion, they are merely a way of encrypting information that travels between your PC and the server and on a site that is non commercial (ie no credit card data etc being transmitted) or containing sensitive information then I personally don't see the need for one. Not to mention the faff and expense of applying for one from an accredited supplier - although competition in recent years has brought that cost down.

Hope this puts your mind at rest.
Philkiteflyer

Re: Logon Warning

Post by Philkiteflyer »

Thanks everyone, but I haven't had it before so I might have to check my security settings.

Cheers
Phillip C
"Keep it simple stupid"