• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Advice wanted

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Martin Gough

Re: Advice wanted

Post by Martin Gough »

Im no expert but your fix sounds good to me. I would strip the planking off the broken wing mount
so that you have good access to the formers and the ability to glass them nicely. When your happy with that re-plank
what needs doing and then maybe if you think its necessary put a layer of fibreglass tissue over the area
to put an outer skin on the whole job. Cant see you having any issues with a repair like that.
Their are a lot more experienced modellers on the site than me so will bow to any better ideas of a repair.

Regards Martin.
Ian Davis

Post by Ian Davis »

Hi Chris

As Martin says this is a fairly simple repair. I would suggest that once you have reassembled the structure you reinforce the joints at the break points with additional part formers, glued and screwed to the originals.

Ian ;)
terry white

Post by terry white »

Chris, you cant beat a few screws and a couple of nuts, bolts and washers, to secure it in with, but then it is coming up to !st April. :P
Terry.
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

I think you should get somebody to repair it for you, then you would have somebody to blame if it's not right.
You could also make room in the canopy area for an Easter egg so you can do a sort of toffee drop to all the people that helped you.

Best of luck! White rabbits

Geoff
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

We aim to please...

:D :D :D :D

BC