• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

E-DARTIFICATION...!

Here you can keep all those interesting videos you find on the net in one place
roo Hawkins

Re: E-DARTIFICATION...!

Post by roo Hawkins »

This year has been my worst year flying always in the wrong direction when I am free for flying.my local slope is only good in a West wind for larger gliders. So now I am thinking it is time to add a motor to. My be my Vega ? Just so I can get some flying time.I was looking at the new Let gliders with front mounted motor in the full size world not seen anyone model one yet? Their dealer is just near to me in Northamptonshire/ Leicestershire .
chris williams

Re: E-DARTIFICATION...!

Post by chris williams »

Although the whole idea of electrification was to fly slope in light conditions, Mott & I took our E-Bergfalkes to County Model Flying club today for the purposes of experimentation. Geoff's using a 14 x 8 prop giving 43 amps @ 927 Watts on his (Approx 66 Watts per lb), whilst mine has a 14 x 10 giving 52 Amps @ 1105 watts (around 78 Watts per lb)
I timed a 400' climb with my model with a motor run of approx 18 seconds. I was using 2 x 3s 2700 Lipos. I did one climb to 400', then another, getting away to 1200' in a thermal this time. Then we did two more climbs to 400' after which the Lipos showed 50% remaining.
As I say, the model was built predominantly for the slope, but has proved itself pretty useful on the flat, too... (Both models were hand-launched in a flat calm without too much difficulty)

Turnigy G60 Brushless Outrunner 400kv
Turnigy Brushless ESC 85A w/ 5A SBEC
14/10 folding prop
2 x 3s Lipos

Rx powered by 2200 Lipo with 6v regulator
Attachments
P1260771 copy.jpg