• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Setting up 4 servo wings

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
robc

Setting up 4 servo wings

Post by robc »

I'm considering options on how to set up a 5m Ventus I recently bought, and I thought I 'd see if anyone had any good suggestions. Each wing has got 2 ailerons, 1 flap and 1 airbrake, all of which will be on separate receiver channels.

For thermalling I was thinking I might lower the whole trailing edge like I do with my 3 and 4m models, but then perhaps I only need to drop the flaps a bit and leave the ailerons in their normal position given the flaps are already pretty big.

It's quite a hefty model so for landing I was thinking about a combination of crow and brakes for maximum slowing effect, but maybe this would be overkill. I've seen a few different configurations in videos, some with outer ailerons raised alongside brakes, as well as some showing only the inner ailerons used as spoilerons to kill the lift and brake the model.

Are there any other combinations that work well? Should I just stick to the same as I do on my smaller models?

Rob
B Sharp

Re: Setting up 4 servo wings

Post by B Sharp »

Hi Rob. There was a thread on this forum a while ago which discussed this topic at length. There was lots of advice from some very experienced scale and full size fliers. I have searched for it but to no avail. Perhaps Robbie, Vince or one of the other members could find it for you.
Brian.
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Brian,

Would this be the one you were looking for? http://scalesoaring.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... ?f=9&t=533
robc

Post by robc »

Thanks for the useful info, some good ideas here.

Rob