• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Staufenbiel Stratton

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Euan Galloway

Re: Staufenbiel Stratton

Post by Euan Galloway »

Matt , yes its possible to leave as a two part fuselage my friend in France did his by adding to formers at the joint ,
barry h

Re: Staufenbiel Stratton

Post by barry h »

Flew mine for the first time on Sunday in zero wind conditions. What a pussycat. Considering how heavy it feels I was pleasantly surprised . Take off from the dolly in about 30 yards . I really does not look fast enough to take off, but it does . Climb out is slow but steady , gains height easily. I had the flaps and ailerons dropped by about 3mm for take off . Once at height settings were back to normal. Considering there wasn't any thermal activity it stayed up really well. Once back in thermal mode flat turns on a sixpence were no problem no signs of dropping a wing.

Stopping it is another story , even with full flaps it takes a long while to slow down, using crow didn't make to much difference either.
I am sure it will be much better with a bit of a headwind.

Overall I am really pleased and am looking forward to summer and some thermals .

Barry