• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Glider guiders

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Jondon51

Glider guiders

Post by Jondon51 »

Hi new to building scale gliders, and need a few tips. I am building the Chris williams 4 metre glider mu13e bergfalke, and I can't understand the wing joining method. I can see on the plan for the wing box, it's just a brass box for the steel flat bar to slide in. But on the drawing there are no lines at all for the steel bar going through the fuselage. It also shows a 8mm brass tube on the rear of the wing but no detail on the plan view on the fuselage. There are two rubber bands holding the wing together, so is the steel plate going through that next to the former. Hope this makes sense. Haven't started it yet , just looking at the plans
Tonyh

Re: Glider guiders

Post by Tonyh »

Iam sure the Man himself will be along soon to tell you how he did it.
T.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

I will see if I can wake him up....

:D :D :D :D

BC

Wake up e-mail sent..
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

Jon, it's all quite straightforward. The brass joiner box simply runs through the fuselage and the loads are taken up where it exits through the ply wing profiles each side. The box can be glued to the adjacent former to help keep it in place. The rear incidence pegs are just lengths of piano wire which stay in each wing. The hole in ply profile can be just left as a hole without a brass tube. I hope the pics will clarify...
Note: the pics are from my current, modified version, although the fuselage construction is largely unchanged...
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

He wakes....

BC