• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Old Glider kits Poland

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Doug Diener

Old Glider kits Poland

Post by Doug Diener »

I'm always looking for the next project and I found some interesting vintage gliders from Old Gliders of Poland. There website lists a number of vintage designs and they advertise that their kits are CNC cut with plans and build instructions. However, when I search for build logs I only found an old one for the PWS 101 by a Canadian builder in 2011. He abandon the project after finding too many issues with the plans, parts and lack of building instructions. They list a 1936 Polish Motor glider ITS-8, 1/3 scale with a 4 m wingspan. Looks cool and the price is reasonable if it is a complete kit and shipping to the states was stated at about $75. Does anybody know anything about this company and their kits?? Any build logs out there?
SP250

Re: Old Glider kits Poland

Post by SP250 »

John Mac will be along to explain - he imports them to the UK
https://www.jettstreamuk.co.uk/soarstream.html

Regards John M
Ken Kaye

Post by Ken Kaye »

I built the 1/4 scale Komar and found it to be quite a challenge. The DVD with the building images is in no way comprehensive and left a lot to the imagination. The plans lacked critical cross sections and there was no specifications as to wood thickness or types. It would have been nice to know what the designer intended without having to make inquiries. If I had not had a lot of additional information on the Komar it would have been impossible to finish the model accurately.

That being said, I know someone who loves their kits and has built several of them.
Attachments
IMG_0653.JPG
Tom Pack

Post by Tom Pack »

I have a couple of friends that have built their kits........they are not beginner kits......you need to be a "seasoned" builder to tackle their kits but the end result can be quite impressive!
John Mcnamara

Post by John Mcnamara »

I think that some of these comments are fair, but things have improved. The more recent designs have few if any queries coming back to me, whereas the older ones do throw up a few. However, If you buy all the CNC cut bits they go together very well, and are pretty good value for money.
I have had a relative beginner build a Slingsby Petrel and make a great job of everything except the rudder. A reasonable level of building experience is helpful, but not absolutely necessary. If there are any queries I get answers for my customers without any problems. I cannot understand anyone giving up on one of the models at all. I am only a phone call away. The models fly really well, too.
I did not imagine that I would sell kits, I anticipated the market was for ARTF's, So far it has been about 50/50.
Regards,

John
Doug Diener

Post by Doug Diener »

Thanks for the replies, informative, and knowing there is help for inquiries makes the prospect of building one of those large woodies a possibility. I think for my next project I will be ordering one of those kits. thanks doug