• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Hmodel ASH 25 Mi

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
eric friend

Re: Hmodel ASH 25 Mi

Post by eric friend »

Thanks Antonia, it is a lovely model to fly but I took it easy on the first flight, so on the next sortie, I'll explore the flight envelope some more. See you at Baldock.
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

Nice one Eric, very nice video, what slope did you use? , hope the grass cutting did no harm :lol:
terry white

Post by terry white »

Nice one Eric, Don't worry about the embarrassing moments I believe that its because you forgot to put the pilot's in.
Will miss you and the ground crew at M.W. this time but you mustn't miss that special 50th birthday now. :roll:
Have a good one mate, fly with you soon.
regards Terry and Lindy.
eric friend

Post by eric friend »

Geoff, The slope is my local one at Thurnham just north of Maidstone only 10 miles from my home. We were following the old advice to test glide over long grass! :lol:
I had covered the underside of the fuselage with a few layers of white duct tape to protect the lovely moulding and to prevent any damage to the undercarriage doors. No harm was done to the model as it is very solidly built, weighing somewhere between 12 and 13 Kg. I will of course remove the tape and make the U/C fully operational along with the 'up-and-go' ready for the Baldock meeting. As I will be flying the 25 more frequently from the slope than the flat, I will make a moulded protective cover for the underside to fit when on the hillside. Thurnham has a great landing area, as long as you don't take the model too far back :oops:, so I'll be flying the 25 there whenever the conditions permit.

Terry, Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was nice of you to be sparing with the year count.
We actually took the pilot out to help move the CofG back. I'll sort it out tomorrow and put the pilot back in - I do hate to see a model in flight with an empty cockpit. If you look at the video of my maiden flight with 'your Fox', you'll see that the cockpit was unfortunately empty on that occasion, as I didn't have any pilots at the time, but I now have two for it. :D :D
See you all soon,
Regards
Eric
Nimeta

Post by Nimeta »

Hi Eric,
Congratulation for the maiden flight.
The Video is great.
Do you Test the sls in the flight?
Have you also the wing Extension with Winglets?
I fly my 5 flights only with the Winglets .
I have also installed a pin for using a rubber to Start at the slope.
Regards Christian
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Mine also with the winglets and I self launch
Attachments
IMG00077.jpg
IMG00081.jpg
eric friend

Post by eric friend »

Hi Christian, Thanks for your comments.
Yes, I do have the winglets but I didn't fly with them as despite fully testing the whole setup the previous day when everything worked perfectly, for some reason, that morning a fault appeared in the starboard wiring feeding the tip servo, so I reverted to the small tips for the first flight. However the aircraft looks so much better with the extended tips with winglets, so I'll be re-fitting them as soon as I have resolved the wiring fault.
No, I didn't operate the SLS as I hadn't fully tested it on the ground and as good weather conditions were forecast at our local slope, I decided to go for the maiden flight while the wind was of the right strength and direction and my helpers were available.
I'm interested to learn that you bungee launch off the slope. My fellow fliers here at Thurnham view that with horror, but I am planning to use that technique to launch my 17 kg MDM-1 Fox before I kill off our launching team!
Best wishes, Eric
eric friend

Post by eric friend »

Nice one Vince!
I can barely lift my model let alone launch it! Well done!
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

VinceC wrote:Mine also with the winglets and I self launch
Now that's serious flying , crash helmets required for low passes :lol: :lol: :lol:
Phill Tadman

Post by Phill Tadman »

eric friend wrote:Hi Christian, Thanks for your comments.
Yes, I do have the winglets but I didn't fly with them as despite fully testing the whole setup the previous day when everything worked perfectly, for some reason, that morning a fault appeared in the starboard wiring feeding the tip servo, so I reverted to the small tips for the first flight. However the aircraft looks so much better with the extended tips with winglets, so I'll be re-fitting them as soon as I have resolved the wiring fault.
No, I didn't operate the SLS as I hadn't fully tested it on the ground and as good weather conditions were forecast at our local slope, I decided to go for the maiden flight while the wind was of the right strength and direction and my helpers were available.
I'm interested to learn that you bungee launch off the slope. My fellow fliers here at Thurnham view that with horror, but I am planning to use that technique to launch my 17 kg MDM-1 Fox before I kill off our launching team!
Best wishes, Eric
Looks great Eric.

I would be very interested in the details of your planned bungee system.

Phill