• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Hmodel ASH 25 Mi

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
eric friend

Hmodel ASH 25 Mi

Post by eric friend »

As this is just about the electrical installation and final setup for this model, I have posted here rather than the Build Threads - it wouldn't be right to have it sitting alongside the many scratch-built creations including Simon WS' amazing 7.2 metre ASG29 which I was privileged to see progress in the flesh and be present at its maiden.

I have recently acquired a 6.9m Hmodel ASH 25Mi complete with an Axi 4130/16 powered 'up and go' and SM sequencer.
The electronics installation is about 60% complete and I am now in the process of testing the wiring that has been installed so far and drawing the layout on a large A2 sheet stuck on the wall! It will have 18 servos, 2 receivers, 4 batteries, etc, etc, etc so I need to carefully record a decent diagram of the installation to keep track of progress.

I have been reading the Baudis ASW22 thread and am taking note of the setup suggestions posted by Antonia and others and I'm looking forward to comparing notes with her regarding her ASH25.

If anyone has experience of the Hmodel ASH25, they they seem to be quite rare now my example having been hidden away partially completed for a number of years, please pass me any useful comments, good or bad.

The models that were sent to the States seem to have 'died' or have been relegated to attics or basements according to the postings on RCGroups, so any contributions to help me would be gratefully received.

I don't have the 9 page manual for constructing the 25 (I know the manual is 9 pages long as I have seen a photo of page 9 of 9!) so if anyone has one, a scan of it would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Eric
john greenfield

Re: Hmodel ASH 25 Mi

Post by john greenfield »

Eric

Radim Horky, the owner of H Model is a very nice and approachable chap. Why not drop him a mail to horky@jes.cz and ask if he can provide a copy of the manual as I am sure if it is anything like the current info he supplies with his models, it will have some useful info.

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Ahhh!.... That's where it went....

I saw it in the morning before work, debating whether to give the bank manager and Mel a heart attack, by lunchtime it had gone!..... :o

Congratulation on your acquisition Eric, she looks great in the photos I saw. Ask away with any questions you may have. With regard to the landing flap questions posed in another thread, all I can say is, the copying of the full sized set-up is great, I am really happy with how it sets the model up in the landing phase, she settles down nicely, slight nose down pitch, no speeding up, airbrakes control the glide path beautifully.... very nice!

Here's a few photos for inspiration.

Antonia
Attachments
ASH 25 Full FlapLanding2.jpg
ASH 25 In Flight1_cr2.jpg
ASH 25 Full FlapLanding.jpg
barry h

Post by barry h »

I have one . Just the Glider version that I aero tow up.
Might be able to help.

Barry H
barry h

Post by barry h »

This is all the manual I have though it does give set up movements C of G etc
If to small to read I can scan and email if needed.

Regards

Barry
Attachments
028 - Copy.JPG
030 - Copy.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
eric friend

Post by eric friend »

Thanks everybody for your replies.

John,
Thanks for your suggestion, I'll drop Radim an email. You can have a stir on the sticks if you wish when I next see you.

Antonia,
Sorry I beat you to it, that's the second time I've done it to you, remember John Elliot's Multiplex ASH26?

I slept on it for a couple of nights unsure, but then I woke up the second morning at 6am and decided to have it. I thought I'd treat myself as I have recently been in hospital and have just about recovered from an illness from which 40% don't!

Another guy here in Kent was after it as well and when he met me for the first time his first words to me were "So you're the a******e who bought that glider!" My reply to him was "The early bird gets the best worms!" I think he's got over his disappointment now.

Thanks for the info on the setup. I'm looking forward to implementing your recommendations.

Barry H,
Thanks for your offer of info, your experiences and the photos. All very useful stuff. I'll be in contact again.

Thanks again all for your assistance - two or three weeks to go before it's completed and then the maiden, weather permitting!
eric friend

Post by eric friend »

Barry,

A quick question for you - what material is the central wing retaining pin made from as one wasn't supplied with the model, and I'll need to make or acquire one. Is it any special design, if so could you please post a photo?

Thanks

Eric
barry h

Post by barry h »

Hi Eric

I will have a look tonight when I get home. I will send some pics.
I think it is about 8mm steel pin but do not quote me on that.
Let you know tonight.
Regards
Barry
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

HS81! :o
barry h

Post by barry h »

Hi Eric
Took some pics of wing retention pin with ruler so hopefully you can work out the size..It is a fairly tight fit and stays in place no problems , just a push fit.
I see no reason why you could not use a M5 bolt and some Brass tube ( see pic ) if you really want to go belt and braces put a wingnut on the back or epoxy a nut or captive nut ( more area for glue ) to the rear of the fiberglass channel that the wing joiners slide in, slide through your M5 bolt, Tighten it up with long allen spanner. Bobs your uncle. Job done.

Do you have any pilots. mine are quarter scale AH ones not quite the right size but look and fit ok and cheap too.

Regards
Barry
Attachments
001.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
010.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG