• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

UK Scale Glider Manufacturers (including ex)

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
John Vella

Re: UK Scale Glider Manufacturers (including ex)

Post by John Vella »

Cliff Evans wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 08:46 West Mendip Sailplanes is, was, "Pat Teakle"

Pik 20.png
Cliff the plans for the Pat Teakle Pik 20 take me back to the 80s when we operated one at Ivinghoe Beacon. It was a beautiful flyer. Happy days😀😀
catwok

Post by catwok »

There was a scale glider manufacturer in the 80's called Etone Models. I think they were based in Warwickshire. They only had 2 gliders in their range.... ASW19 & a Jantar I think. Both had glass fibre fuselages and built up wings sheeted in 1/16" balsa & about 2m span.
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

How about Chris Williams Models. He is a profuse builder of ready to fly models
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

I think there was a guy in Bristol called john foster who made kits in the late 70s early 80s. I think some ofthe models later became pat teakle ????? his he still around ??????? also there was soaron sailplans they also did some scale .
Andrew Ray

Post by Andrew Ray »

Soaron did a PIK 20 and maybe an Ogar motor glider? I built a Soaron Sorceress and Soaron Sunshine back in the early '80s and the gent behind it was Roy Garner.
Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger »

Andrew Ray wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 19:39 Soaron did a PIK 20 and maybe an Ogar motor glider? I built a Soaron Sorceress and Soaron Sunshine back in the early '80s and the gent behind it was Roy Garner.
Roy's a well-known aviation artist these days. https://www.aviationartprints.com/artis ... iation_Art

I had one of his Sunshine's too with the 100" foam veneer wing. Until I shredded it through a barbed wire fence on landing approach. :oops: