• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Island Models 1/4 KA-3 plan ?

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Stephen Portelli

Island Models 1/4 KA-3 plan ?

Post by Stephen Portelli »

Hello,

Does anyone know if Island Models are still actually trading? I know the website is still live.
I'm trying to purchase their 1/4 scale KA-3 Plan but they don't have Australia as a country option at checkout!
(They do list New Zealand however, so it is not an anti-Southern Hemisphere boycott, maybe they don't like ex-penal colonies? although they just might like Hobbits...one can only guess)

Anyway repeated emails to them trying to sort the issue have not been responded to at all, zip, zero, radio silence (maybe there in mourning for the Queen (RIP), or on holidays or taking up flower arranging - who knows! ) anyways it's unfortunate as I'm all for supporting smaller businesses in this hobby. But if a customer can't get answered after repeated attempts what are you supposed to do?

Does anyone have a 1/4 scale plan that they would be willing to sell me and be willing to post to South Australia? I've acquired a started build project (fuselage and part of the wings already done) so a plan would be really nice to have.

thanks
Stephen
Peter Balcombe

Re: Island Models 1/4 KA-3 plan ?

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Stephen,
Laser Cut Sailplanes do a plan & short kit of the Cliff Charlesworth 1/4 scale design.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk/produ ... -kit-plan/
Andy Wallace

Post by Andy Wallace »

Hey Stephen
Check out the forum on gliderIreland.ie
Adam C

Post by Adam C »

Andy,

No plan sorry even though I did build one one in 2020. Flew well until....

Not sure you need the plan if you can visualise the parts and use the frame jig. It needs a lot of reinforcement in the fuselage .

Not everything fits correctly though and the incidence pins on the tail and wings are wrong.