• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Carbon Cub by e flight / Horizon Hobbys

Be kind to our tug pilots, we cant do without them.
Ray Watts

Re: Carbon Cub by e flight / Horizon Hobbys

Post by Ray Watts »

Pegasus models, but it was a year ago.
They also had the Du Bro inflatable balloon tyre and wheel set that I use. I got the 5 1/2" ones for a £5 saving but more importantly for a reasonable weight saving
It's always calmer indoors :D
Martin Church

Post by Martin Church »

Cheers Ray
Props in stock
Tyres in stock
Just need to find a willing glider guider at the Frome club now for
some fun.
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Ray, also towed up my Pat Teakle 1/4 scale HP18 with the carbon cub on a previous day where the wind was at 90 degrees and gusting, was a slow start as HP18 doesn't have a wheel and we didn't have a dolly, but once up it went OK if a sedately.

BTW The Parkzone foamie Ka8s if you can find one are a great low cost introduction into aerotowing.
Greg Smith

Post by Greg Smith »

I'm setting up a Carbon Cub for towing, but have so far used a Super Telemaster to tow a Parkzone ASK 18 (about ten tows so far). I made a dolly/trolley, but it's not needed with the foamie. Next up is an Elmira, parts provided by Vintage Models: fitted with ailerons. A lot of work went into this one, so it's going to be exciting. We have granite sand as our 'field', so I lay out a strip of floor covering (thin carpet) to give the glider a start. Our Tele seems to me a bit underpowered with 5S, though - going to try 6 soon. I cut the tailplane tips on the Cub, and refitted them so that they don't move. I have no 'rigging wires' from the fin to the tailplane tips yet, so the next step is to modify the rudder in the same way as the tp and then fit them.If it can go wrong, it will, probably with a very labour-intensive sailplane on tow... The Carbon Cub will be 6S, as I'll maybe tow my Olympia 2B in about a year's time. Maybe!