Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

SF33 1/6 scale

Fans and Thermals.
Tonyw51

Re: SF33 1/6 scale

Post by Tonyw51 »

G'day Peter and Hi to Stephen & Cliff,

Great to see your post on control throws as I had been mulling over that recently. It is all somewhat academic at this stage as we are still in lock-down and the field has been closed since June. I have not had the opportunity to take the model to my local model shop to discuss fit up of a couple of final items and frustration is starting to set in. Anyway, I have attached a couple of photos of my example. This is my first attempt at a scratch build and I am quite pleased with the result. (My second scratch build is a "Wood Pecker" out of RCM&E November 2017, photo attached of the maiden flight. The field was closed again in the following week).

Cheers,
Tony W
Attachments
IMG_2402.jpeg
IMG_2197.jpeg
IMG_2403.jpeg

Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Looks very nice Tony.
I hope all goes ok when you get the chance for the maiden.
Peter

Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Looks good Tony.
Laser Cut sailplanes

StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Nice job on the SF33 Tony, very striking colour scheme. Let us know how the maiden goes.

Tonyw51

Post by Tonyw51 »

Thanks. Yes I shall report the event just as soon as it can happen.

Cheers

styx2020

Post by styx2020 »

Tonyw51 wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 02:39
G'day Peter & Chris,
Much excitement in the workshop today with the arrival of my short kit from SC Models. So now have the plans printed, mirrored and printed again (and they are a perfect match), the short kit and the canopy "in the mail" from Sarick. I am in the process of completing a Brolga (2.0 mtr. Australian model) and as soon as it has had its maiden flight I shall start on the SF-33.

I am very happy with the quality of laser cutting and I shall start to rifle though the stores of strip and sheet to put together a complete kit, so all is looking good
Hi Tony,
Just received my set of laser cut parts for the SF33. You mentioned in your comments about printing and mirroring the plans and I was wondering how you went about this. I have trouble with large sheets of paper in my small workshop and I am reluctant to cut the plan up until I have a copy of it.

Tonyw51

Post by Tonyw51 »

Hi styx2020,
I went to OfficeWorks here in Melbourne and they were able to do the job for me. I had them do 2 copies of both original and mirror so I could cut and hack.

I have had a couple of sessions at the paddock to get my fingers and brain acting together again and am now waiting on the weather to improve for the SF33 maiden post our pandemic lockdown.
Cheers,
Tonyw51