• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Purbeck 1/3rd Scale DG800 Build Thread

Let us all watch your new project progress.
roo Hawkins

Re: Purbeck 1/3rd Scale DG800 Build Thread

Post by roo Hawkins »

terry white wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 13:11 Hi Simon

Been there, done that. Im on wife No 6 right now. :lol: :lol: Ter.
hi terry is that because you live in wareham and you wareham out :lol: :lol: :lol:
eric friend

Post by eric friend »

Si, I must book a 'viewing appointment' with you so that I can come round and drool over your craftsmanship. You've certainly done a cracking job on those bulkheads.

My wife went to see my son last Saturday and while she was out I decided to reorganise my first floor model storage room (bedroom 4). I had about twenty models strewn on the landing and in her bedroom, (there's another thirty built models plus kits in the loft :lol: ), when unfortunately she returned earlier than expected :shock: . . . I'll leave you to guess her reaction.
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

eric friend wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 23:09 Si, I must book a 'viewing appointment' with you so that I can come round and drool over your craftsmanship. You've certainly done a cracking job on those bulkheads.

My wife went to see my son last Saturday and while she was out I decided to reorganise my first floor model storage room (bedroom 4). I had about twenty models strewn on the landing and in her bedroom, (there's another thirty built models plus kits in the loft :lol: ), when unfortunately she returned earlier than expected :shock: . . . I'll leave you to guess her reaction.
No matter how good they are, they just don't understand!
Simon WS

Post by Simon WS »

Final lining up and gluing in of the wing joiner tube...

Then when cured, dismantled and all the remaining bulkheads glued in.

Started making the rudder, going to do the "over the top" double ball bearing supports like I did for the ASG29.

Lots of bits now curing in the dining room, wife being more than reasonable considering!...

Simon
terry white

Post by terry white »

Excellent work Simon.

I know it is a little way off yet, but have you thought about the power distribution to the 12 plus servo's you need to power?
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Wire works for me......

:o :o :o :o

BC
Simon WS

Post by Simon WS »

terry white wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 12:48 Excellent work Simon.

I know it is a little way off yet, but have you thought about the power distribution to the 12 plus servo's you need to power?
I'm going to do it just like my ASG29 with two receivers and splitting functions to provide a degree of redundancy, each one powered by it's own large battery.

And yes, Barry, I intend to use wire to make those connections!

Si
Simon WS

Post by Simon WS »

Unfortunately I don't have many pictures but have done quite a bit of work - tailplane made and after much deliberation decided to put 2 slim servos in it rather than one in the fin - provides some redundancy in the event of failure and potentially makes rigging easier at the field by just needing to make the electrical connection.

Hope to get a bit more done tomorrow and I will try and remember to take photos!

Si
terry white

Post by terry white »

Love the mirror lite ply tail plane Simon, are you going to drive each servo separately through one of the two receivers? Ter.
Simon WS

Post by Simon WS »

terry white wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 22:44 Love the mirror lite ply tail plane Simon, are you going to drive each servo separately through one of the two receivers? Ter.
Two receivers Terry, two batteries

Simon