jillies smit 1/3 pilatus b4

Let us all watch your new project progress.
jack

Re: jillies smit 1/3 pilatus b4

Post by jack » 10 May 2019, 17:54

Gentlemen,the middle wallop maiden flight looms ever closer,my butterflies grow ever larger,but l view the approaching day with great satisfaction...its been a while coming for various reasons!....anyway,the all up weight is about 12.5/13 kg,now to me that seems on the light side for such a large airframe,so l checked it again..yep,thats what my scales are telling me again,l am suitably impressed,having had to locate some 3lbs of best church roof in the nose to put the c/g on the main wing joiner,and also not renowned as a light builder,l was expecting it to be between 15-20 kg,l have not added cockpit detail or a pilot yet,l prefer to get the maiden over with then do the detail stuff....so there we are,she is now fit to fly,all the wiggley bits wiggle in the right directions,the wheel goes up and down on demand,all l have left to do is the cockpit canopy latch...and find a willing test pilot!! ;) ,mr greenfield,are you busy at the moment,l have this little job for you?? :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

Nigel Argall

Post by Nigel Argall » 10 May 2019, 20:02

B4s fly great! I know mine is only 1/4 scale but all will be well. Go for it!

john greenfield

Post by john greenfield » 11 May 2019, 07:26

Jack

I will be happy to assist with the test flights, no problem. see you at MW.

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)

Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans » 11 May 2019, 07:45

Look after him John, he is a bit delicate!! Sorry I cannot be there for the first one, in Ireland!