• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

jillies smit 1/3 pilatus b4**

Let us all watch your new project progress.
jack

Re: jillies smit 1/3 pilatus b4

Post by jack »

hey cliff,your in lift!,at least according to the vario you are,not bad for just a dash panel,what happens when you have a whole glider?? :lol:
jack

Post by jack »

thanks for the dash panel cliff,lovely piece of work,jack.
Richard_A

Post by Richard_A »

Looking good. Like the workshop!

Richard.
jack

Post by jack »

ok people,as you will see from the latest pics,work continues on the B 4. The fus is now out of the jig and inverted to finish the ply skinning, the kit quality is top notch, everything fits where it should. If it doesn't you have got something wrong!! I am now looking at making a start on the wings, I tend to bounce between things, it keeps the interest up on a long build, and also progresses construction a lot faster> With regard to the retract gear, there is more than enough detail in the drawing to enable a copy to be made, I had some dural plate in stock so I now have a retract unit for very little outlay. Ok that's it for now, more to follow, thanks for the kind comments about the workshop, Richard, as with full size aircraft hangars its never big enough!!, cheers for now, Jack
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Well done Jack. Looking forward to seeing the Retract operational, sounds good
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

Hi jack. I do not know if the retract you are makeing is the same one I made from plans from cliff that I did a build thread on a few months ago. Or not . If it is I have been using it in my 1/3 scale dg 800 that is 14 kg and have found that it has bent a few time on landing. I am in the process of adding a compression Spring to take the landing loads. It has been esay to do if you want ifo and pic's let me know. rearly enjoying this thread may have to get one of the kits .ROO :D
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Roo - I would love a copy of your mods so it can be added to the plan
jack

Post by jack »

Hi roo,as near as l can judge the retract drawn up by jillies looks to be a fema copy....l have never had a fema retract but it is what jillies recommends so its worth a go..really simple and straight forward,l am no machinist but found the construction to be no trouble,l am happy to do a bit of a feature on it if people are interested,but it will how l did it,which is not necessarily the right way,all you model engineer types please take note!!,any info on a shock unit will be most welcome roo,all the best,jack.
Stuart Ward

Post by Stuart Ward »

jack wrote:Hi roo,as near as l can judge the retract drawn up by jillies looks to be a fema copy....l have never had a fema retract but it is what jillies recommends so its worth a go..really simple and straight forward,l am no machinist but found the construction to be no trouble,l am happy to do a bit of a feature on it if people are interested,but it will how l did it,which is not necessarily the right way,all you model engineer types please take note!!,any info on a shock unit will be most welcome roo,all the best,jack.
Please post your feature on the mod. I'm interested :)
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

IMG_20170511_205144.jpg
IMG_20170511_205041.jpg
IMG_20170511_205125.jpg
IMG_20170511_205343.jpg
IMG_20170511_205159.jpg
Hi guys it a very simple mod to do takes. Only about a hour to do. I will post some pictures they should explain. The compression spring is fixed on with kelver thread and epoxy. It looks very basic but it works.