5 meter Horton III BETA BUILD from Vermont USA

Let us all watch your new project progress.
Bob Bray

5 meter Horton III BETA BUILD from Vermont USA

Post by Bob Bray » 07 Jan 2018, 19:20

Well, this is my first BETA build. I have been modeling for fifty three years now. Started in Japan in 1965, dad was in the Air Force. Built a lot of sport planes till the designers ran out of ideas. Became interested in scale because you never run out of challenges there. Warbirds and civilian planes offer a wide range of challenges. So now I am interested in Sailplanes and I like large planes and there are lots of large Sailplanes to be built.
The Horton III is the largest I have built so far.
I have right at 15 hours into the build at this point. As I said it is a first build for this kit and will not be released till it flies. hopefully this winter will render a finished model. I am writing the construction manual as I go along and there will be many photos. They will be in this building blog also. So, lets get going.
All comments and suggestions and questions are welcome. Just remember, none of us are each others whipping boy. Be civil and kind or the moderator will send you a bugar in the mail! πŸ˜„
Always room for humor, no vulgarity or foul language. Pretend your mother is in the room, I hope your mum is a sweet lady.
I will be using 'bird' as my nickname and signoff signature, you may refer to me as such.
Thanks everyone for joining me in this adventure.
Bird. πŸ˜‰

Cliff Evans

Re: 5 meter Horton III BETA BUILD from Vermont USA

Post by Cliff Evans » 07 Jan 2018, 19:44

Looking forward to the build Bob.

Marc B

Post by Marc B » 07 Jan 2018, 23:19

Bird, welcome to Scale Soaring UK! Looking forward to your build.

alexis scott

Post by alexis scott » 07 Jan 2018, 23:26

I'm drooling with anticipation Bird. When can we see some progress shots of your build please?
Welcome

Bob Bray

Post by Bob Bray » 08 Jan 2018, 01:55

Okay fellas, as soon as one of you can tell me how to post pictures I'll put them up. you know when you brits left us colonists, you didn't leave instructions on how to follow your formats for things. There was probably a bit of rebellious attitude in not wanting to know too! So now we have to communicate best we can. I speak English and you speak English, it's the same but different! πŸ™„ Ainit strange? πŸ€”
Really looking forward to being with this group.
So off we go.
Bird

Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole » 08 Jan 2018, 09:23

Bob,
E-mail sent with info on adding pictures...

:) :) :) :)

BC

Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans » 08 Jan 2018, 09:48

Thanks Barry, beat me to it!

Marc B

Post by Marc B » 08 Jan 2018, 12:42

short kit.jpg
This is how the journey starts.

SteveB

Post by SteveB » 08 Jan 2018, 18:02

Bob Bray wrote: ↑
08 Jan 2018, 01:55
Okay fellas, as soon as one of you can tell me how to post pictures I'll put them up. you know when you brits left us colonists, you didn't leave instructions on how to follow your formats for things. There was probably a bit of rebellious attitude in not wanting to know too! So now we have to communicate best we can. I speak English and you speak English, it's the same but different! πŸ™„ Ainit strange? πŸ€”
Really looking forward to being with this group.
So off we go.
Bird
I'm an expat for just over a year..My task is difficult. Putting vowels back in Americanish (aluminium, favourite, colour, neighbour etc) but also using proper words for everday things...boot instead of trunk..gear leaver instead of stick shift...

Welcome to the forum. :D
To err is human, to leave home without the wing joiners is sheer stupidity.

Bob Bray

Re: 6 meter Horton III BETA BUILD from Vermont USA

Post by Bob Bray » 11 Jan 2018, 02:15

Sorry guys, been a few days of honey do's. Also can't get my phone to upload photos to your site so Marc Beaupre will be doing it for me as I post them on Facebook. He is shipping me a couple of pieces to replace the ones I messed up. Hopefully I will get back on track by tomorrow. Thanks for your understanding.
bird