Paritech Nimbus 4D

Let us all watch your new project progress.
Mike Francies

Re: Paritech Nimbus 4D

Post by Mike Francies » 07 Feb 2019, 11:27

Just a couple of photos to show the 3D printed servo mounts with brass inserts. The aileron servo mounts for the MKS 6130s also incorporate an additional ballrace to support the output. The bottom of the mounts have been left as open honeycomb to give a better key for glueing. I have used gorilla glue to fix the mounts in place. I have only just started using gorilla glue and I must say I am a bit of a convert. As long as you don't use too much, the results are excellent. I just hope I never need to remove the mounts! The flap servos will be tricky to remove but I can just get a modified allen key to the screws.
Servo Mounts.jpg
Aileron Servo Fitted.jpg

Mike Francies

Re: Paritech Nimbus 4D

Post by Mike Francies » 13 Feb 2019, 20:31

Some more 3D printing done. This time I have printed two formers for the nose that will hold the two 5000mAh, 5 cell batteries for the power. These had to go as far forward as possible to mitigate too much additional lead to balance the model. Very pleased with the results as they fit really well. In the photo that shows the batteries in-situ, you can just make out the push/pull rod for the tow release as I would still like to do some aerotowing sometime.

It looks like some compromises will have to be made with cockpit detail as there is an awful lot of cabling and paraphernalia to try and get in.
Printed Battery Formers 1.jpg
Printed Battery Formers 2.jpg
Batteries on Formers.jpg