Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

John Slater Airspeed Tern

Let us all watch your new project progress.
VinceC
Site Admin

Re: John Slater Airspeed Tern

Post by VinceC »

Excellent work and the weather helped create some brilliant photos. Hope you have many hours of fun and satisfaction. Thanks for your build thread

Barry Apostolou

Post by Barry Apostolou »

Thanks Guys for your kind comments,

Will now take a little rest from building!. In the mean time try and get out for further winter flying.

Barry

john slater

Post by john slater »

Well done Barry, very brave in the conditions you had. Very much enjoyed your build thread, and so pleased it flew as expected, you will soon get the hang of it and as you have found out without brakes landings can be very challenging.
On my first Tern ( without brakes ) I did many landing circuits before it was landed.
Kind regards
John

Barry Apostolou

Post by Barry Apostolou »

Thank you John,

For all the help and advice during this build. More especially for producing the plan and helping me when I got stuck. It really was such a bonus having the designer reply to my questions. Yup I fully expect to get much more air time with the Tern. As you say it needs attention to get it to fly and land well, However even after a few flights I was very much at home with it. I have built a 1/4 scale John Slowcombe T46 Slingsby Swallow and the Tern is a little like this in its flight characteristics and shape.

Thank you John, All the best, keep stirring those sticks

Barry A