• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

HW-4 FLAMINGO 1/4 SCALE

Let us all watch your new project progress.
Trevor

Re: HW-4 FLAMINGO 1/4 SCALE

Post by Trevor »

I’m in awe at your prowess with the filler Chris! Access to those servos looks a little awkward though?
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

Not really, Trev, the big hole in the former gives reasonable access...

Meanwhile, the Flamingo's sister project, Motley's 1/4 scale Petrel, is just about mission capable... Fuselage Solartexed & painted, flying surfaces covered with film...
Attachments
P1060027.JPG
P1060030.JPG
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

That is absolutely disgraceful. After all the research I did to get the exact profile, which Chris used to create the plan, why bother building it when it turns out looking like an ice cream wrapper
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Vanilla with Blueberry sprinkles
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

It would seem that I am in possession of a non-compliant ethos...

Therefore, to quote Douglas Adams: 'Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish'
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Looks like we’ve lost a very valuable contributor.

Very sad.
terry white

Post by terry white »

I am sorry we are to lose our very own Chris Williams. Nobody has done more to promote built up scale throughout the world than he. His build threads and advice has been second to none. He will be surely missed on here.
On behalf of every member I would like to thank you Chris.
However I must say that the live and let live 'providing you do it my way ' has raised its ugly head again. :x :x
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

I quite agree, it is a shame to loose Chris and besides being able to demonstrate his building logs he has been able to benefit from advertising his plans on his own page on this site.
John Vella

Post by John Vella »

Cliff, I know how you feel. When I was Chairman of a full-size gliding club the hardest thing I had to do was massaging people's egos. You are doing a great job. Keep it up. Can certain individuals kiss and make up please and then we can all move on.? Regards John.
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Don't go Cliff!

Decisions made in the heat of the moment are rarely the best ones, maybe take a step back and let things settle down, from my perspective this really looks like a storm in a teacup.

This forum is a great resource thanks to the input of many members. In my short time on here, and as a returnee to modelling, the information and advice I have received has given me the confidence and encouragement to tackle a scale build, brush up on my modelling skills and derive an immense amount of enjoyment from the project. I perhaps couldn't have done it without this place, certainly not as easily and it definitely wouldn't have been as much fun.

As the saying goes, keep calm and carry on!