Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

1/4 scale T-21 CW

Let us all watch your new project progress.
SedB

Re: 1/4 scale T-21 CW

Post by SedB »

SedB

Post by SedB »

For the first couple of flights I'm planning on having the Sedbergh towed, though I plan on flying it on the slopes. Anyways, I'm building in a tow release.
Since this is my first real build, it is also the first time I've put one of these into a glider.
There the belly of the T-21 is rather flat, the easiest way would be to put straight into the nose, though I do not like the looks of it..

The fix the installation I mixed so fiber with epoxy. There whole thing is rock hard, so hopefully strong enough..

Now I'm left wondering if the ff needs more structural strenghtening? Looking at builds of the 1/3d version, I see a whole lot more wood goes into the nose..

SedB

Post by SedB »

T-21 Warthawg :D

There must be a better way to fix 1.5mm ply into position, rather than using pins. Half of the pins broke, the other half ended up in my fingers :P

Counting the ribs, it seems I got a bonus; there are more than on the plan.
I'm happy to start on the wing, wonder what I am getting myself into :D

SedB

Post by SedB »

I started the right wing, skipping the first rib as per guidance. This to allow alignment of the joiner box later;

Good thing I did not start gluing straight away since I figured quit late i needed holes for wiring.

I experimented on how to make these holes the easiest and neatest. Seems it is close to impossible to dril bigger holes in balsa sheet. Since I did not have a hole puncher I made one out of heating pipe. This still was not perfect, so I put the copper selfmade puncher in a drill, and it worked out quit nice.

WIP:

Adam C

Post by Adam C »

Wow that's getting big.

I tend to guage a models size by whether I can fit my head into the cockpit aperture. An easy test 😆