• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Painting advice**

Let us all watch your new project progress.
Peter Balcombe

Re: Painting advice

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Seems to be £57 for 750ml at my local stockist!!
catwok

Post by catwok »

A method I have used with good results is to flatten off the surface that you are painting as close to the masking tape as possible. Then use a product called "Primol", it is a rather smelly product that you wipe on the surface with a cloth. This etches most surfaces and helps adhesion of paint.
SP250

Post by SP250 »

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions chaps, much appreciated.
I have now received the "set of pens" in brass, steel and fibreglass from the net, so will be going down that route to key up to the tape edge.
Hoping to maiden this one sometime this year.
Long Mynd is favourite,especially as the Sherlowe and Milson aerotow's may, or may not happen.

John M
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

Vince, having just spent £100 on rattle cans of 2K that might not be sufficient, I am intrigued by your paint suggestion.

Did you undercoat first or just abrade? I've just used a replacement for Japlac on my tug and it isn't a patch on it - I did some research and it seems international went bump, so presumably AkzoNobel bought the trademark?

Anyway, be very interested to hear, especially with brush application as spraying is not the easiest thing for me to arrange logistically.

Cheers, Ell.
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

I lightly abraded the fuselage and the paint seems to have adhered well