• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

ASK-13

Let us all watch your new project progress.
jack

ASK-13

Post by jack »

Ok,once more in to the breach :D :D ,this is a commision build K-13....seems l get all the good jobs :lol: :lol:
l will be taking this build up to the ready to cover stage,and as peter balcomb can confirm, there is a lot of it,
these first few pics are of the parts laid out on my bench,the red object is a nice 3d printed nose cone,l will be using 3d printed airbrake arms supplied and designed by cliff,who also supplied the nose and the kit, Jilles plan/design is well up to his usual high standards,and cliffs cutting is faultless....l hope the new owner has a big car/van because this is going to be a biggie, l had to add 18 inches to my fus jig :o :o :o :o :o more later
now lets see if l can get these pics to upload!!!..jack.
Attachments
DSCF0097.JPG
DSCF0098.JPG
DSCF0099.JPG
DSCF0100.JPG
DSCF0101.JPG
DSCF0102.JPG
catwok

Re: ASK-13

Post by catwok »

Watching both build threads with much interest... especially this one :D
Gordon McLean

Post by Gordon McLean »

Just received this kit myself and am looking forward to seeing these build threads. Beautifully cut kits and well packaged for its trip to the states.
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Looks like a fascinating (if somewhat daunting!) build. I'm intrigued by how the 3D-printed nose cone works. Does it take the full load of the snatch from the towline or does it get reinforced in some way?

Trevor

P.S. I do realise that, if it was a CW design, it would be filled with car body filler laced with lead :)
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Trevor wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 09:00 Looks like a fascinating (if somewhat daunting!) build. I'm intrigued by how the 3D-printed nose cone works. Does it take the full load of the snatch from the towline or does it get reinforced in some way?

Trevor

P.S. I do realise that, if it was a CW design, it would be filled with car body filler laced with lead :)
I will reinforce the inside of mine with glass cloth before I get it to Peter.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
jack

Post by jack »

Morning trevor.....l dont intend to transmit any actual load to the nose cone,all load will be fed into F1/F1A
and dispersed in to the keel and the rest of the structure....l will be detailing how l do this a little later,jack.
Jilles

Post by Jilles »

OK, attached a drawing with a modification how to transfer loads to the front formers F1/F1A.
This is for the tow release setup I suggested on the ASK13 drawings. Those who choose to use an other tow release have to make up their own invention.

Cheers

Jilles Smits
Attachments
ASK13-TOWMOD.PDF
(21.33 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Thanks. That's all clear now. I do remember being rather concerned when retrofitting my first aerotow release into the balsa noseblock on a 100" thermal soarer. I was surprised (as well as relieved) that it never did get torn off.
jack

Post by jack »

Hi all,work on the k-13 is progressing nicely,the fus is now ready for skinning as are the tail feathers....l have included some early pics of a small mod l am doing....this is between F12B and F13,the purpose is to offer some extra strength between the root ribs in the event of a ground loop scenario,l am planning on starting the wings next week,the tail and fus skinning should be done by then ;) ;) ;) ,right,lets see if l can get these photos uploaded,always an adventure!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...jack.
DSCF0112.JPG
Attachments
DSCF0113.JPG
DSCF0114.JPG
DSCF0115.JPG
DSCF0116.JPG
DSCF0117.JPG
DSCF0120.JPG
DSCF0123.JPG
DSCF0122.JPG
DSCF0121.JPG
Cliff Evans