Page 1 of 1

Pat Teakle Asw 22 6m**

Posted: 12 Mar 2021, 22:42
by Dave Mackintosh
Hi all. Thanks to the legend that is Cliff Evans,I have aquired the 6 meter Asw 22.I thought I would begin a build thread,
Tail feathers are nearing completion,(photos to follow).
pthunky.jpg

Re: Pat Teakle Asw 22 6m

Posted: 12 Mar 2021, 22:51
by Max Wright
Watching . . . 8-)

Posted: 12 Mar 2021, 23:09
by Dave Mackintosh
I have servos in mind for tail feathers, around the 11 to 15 kilo pull.Your thoughts gentlemen?

Posted: 13 Mar 2021, 07:13
by Andrew Ray
Hi Dave, built up or foam wings and tail?

I have fitted a Hitec HS-225BB mini servo in the tail of my Pat Teakle ASW17 on 4.8v it does the job. I would go for a standard servo, probably with a ball race on the output shaft (the old JR591 running on 4.8volts was always my servo of choice but no longer available unfortunately), Hitec, Savox or similar, like the SG-0351 or SV-0320. 4 to 5kg of torque is more than plenty. High voltage/high torque servos weren't around when Pat was producing these and the standard Futaba 148 was more than adequate and reliable back then.

Posted: 13 Mar 2021, 08:32
by roo Hawkins
Watching. Good luck with the build.

Posted: 13 Mar 2021, 09:09
by Cliff Evans
I would use one of these: https://airtekhobbies.com/hv2107mg.html

Nice half scale pilot by the way!

Posted: 13 Mar 2021, 13:54
by Dave Mackintosh
Andrew Ray wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 07:13 Hi Dave, built up or foam wings and tail?

I have fitted a Hitec HS-225BB mini servo in the tail of my Pat Teakle ASW17 on 4.8v it does the job. I would go for a standard servo, probably with a ball race on the output shaft (the old JR591 running on 4.8volts was always my servo of choice but no longer available unfortunately), Hitec, Savox or similar, like the SG-0351 or SV-0320. 4 to 5kg of torque is more than plenty. High voltage/high torque servos weren't around when Pat was producing these and the standard Futaba 148 was more than adequate and reliable back then.
Thanks for the info Andrew, I will be using cnc foam panels.

Posted: 13 Mar 2021, 13:54
by Dave Mackintosh
Cliff Evans wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 09:09 I would use one of these: https://airtekhobbies.com/hv2107mg.html

Nice half scale pilot by the way!
Cheeky!!

Posted: 13 Mar 2021, 14:08
by Barry_Cole

Posted: 13 Mar 2021, 14:38
by Peter Balcombe
I would have thought that either of the last 2 servo suggestions would be fine & are
smaller than the original Futaba S148 or S3001 types that Pat would have had available when the model was designed.
The old Futaba standard servos produced around 3Kg/cm torque.

Posted: 13 Mar 2021, 17:42
by Dave Mackintosh
Thanks for the suggestions chaps. Here are more progress shots of the tail feathers, rough sanded. will finalise servo installation tomorrow,then glass .
I decided on the servo below,8 kilo pull at 4.8v.Should be fine.
Have a fab weekend gentlemen.
tail1.jpg
tail2.jpg
tailcomplete.jpg
ruddpost.jpg
servo.jpg

Posted: 13 Mar 2021, 17:59
by Peter Balcombe
Where are you planning to put the servo Dave?
In the fin, or will it fit in the tailplane?

Posted: 13 Mar 2021, 18:18
by Dave Mackintosh
Hi Peter, In the fin with an 80mm x m3 pushrod and metal clevis. Threaded both ends with lock nuts.

Posted: 13 Mar 2021, 18:44
by Peter Balcombe
Dave Mackintosh wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 18:18 Hi Peter, In the fin with an 80mm x m3 pushrod and metal clevis. Threaded both ends with lock nuts.
👍

Posted: 14 Mar 2021, 13:30
by Dave Mackintosh
roo Hawkins wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 08:32 Watching. Good luck with the build.
Thanks Roo.

Posted: 15 Mar 2021, 19:54
by Andrew Ray
Dave Mackintosh wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 18:18 Hi Peter, In the fin with an 80mm x m3 pushrod and metal clevis. Threaded both ends with lock nuts.
Ah, yes. I don't think I'd try a standard servo in the fin :D

Nice job, tidy workshop too.

Posted: 15 Mar 2021, 22:33
by Dave Mackintosh
Andrew Ray wrote: 15 Mar 2021, 19:54
Ah, yes. I don't think I'd try a standard servo in the fin :D

Nice job, tidy workshop too.
Thanks Andrew.

Posted: 15 Mar 2021, 22:39
by Dave Mackintosh
Hi folks.
I cnc cut the inner panels tonight, allowing for skin and carbon cuff thickness. I will cut the mid panels tomorrow and sand and prep the inners.
inner.jpg

Posted: 15 Mar 2021, 23:55
by Cliff Evans
Looks good Dave.

Posted: 16 Mar 2021, 17:24
by Dave Mackintosh
Cliff Evans wrote: 15 Mar 2021, 23:55 Looks good Dave.
Thanks Cliff.

Posted: 16 Mar 2021, 22:14
by Dave Mackintosh
Good evening folks.
My progress so far, all panels except the tips are cut. I had to cut 4 panels for the mid section, as at the moment I can only cut up to 1030mm at a time.(The mid panels are around 120mm wider).
I will cut the tip panels tomorrow night.
Cheers.
4panel.jpg
panel2.jpg
cnc.jpg

Posted: 17 Mar 2021, 22:09
by Dave Mackintosh
The tip panels now complete the foam cutting phase. I am now turning my attention to spar and joiner sytems.
Cheers.

Posted: 17 Mar 2021, 23:38
by larrikin
Hi Dave
I’m keen to see what you do by way of spars.
I have my own ‘22 build happening but I confess to have balked at this “spar sizing” stage.
What’s your priority, ultimate strength/stiffness or scale-like flex?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... om-Scratch

David.

Posted: 18 Mar 2021, 00:08
by Dave Mackintosh
larrikin wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 23:38 Hi Dave
I’m keen to see what you do by way of spars.
I have my own ‘22 build happening but I confess to have balked at this “spar sizing” stage.
What’s your priority, ultimate strength/stiffness or scale-like flex?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... om-Scratch

David.
Hi David, Great build thread!
I would like a bit of both? I won't be stressing the airframe too much,as I fly like an old duffer theses days.What are your thoughts? My first thought is a near full span carbon faced 2mm spar,with a tapering cap.
Cheers.
Dave.

Posted: 18 Mar 2021, 09:04
by larrikin
Hi Dave,
What are my thoughts?
You might regret asking that one. :)
As you're about to experience, I'm the classic over-thinker and you'll be flying yours while I'm still pondering mine ... 5 years from now. :oops:

I place a huge importance on torsional stiffness and this will be handled by carbon cloth at +/-45 under a timber veneer skin.
It's the bending stiffness vs strength that has me pondering.
Each time I think I'm happy with a spar arrangement, I recall the Southern Sailplanes Kestrel 17. http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rlearmont/Kestrel.html.
It uses/used a foam core with balsa skins and ZERO spar. Nothing!
And, from memory, there was an aluminium tube only about 200mm long that accepted the joiner rod, the end of which wasn't supported by anything other than the foam core. There may have been a web on one side of the aluminium tube to the top or bottom skin to fill a slot from the hole cutting process where the tube goes into the core, but that was it.
Yes, it's "only" 4.25m span, but I saw a few of these fly and none of them failed during loops or winch launches. The wing flex was a load indicator and the elevator was adjusted accordingly.
I too will be flying my '22 like "an old duffer" with the occasional low-level, high-speed pass, but I have no intention of high "G" manoeuvres.
I used the word "intention" deliberately. Where my quandary lies is, do I account for the unintended "G" manoeuvres that may never happen.
I've seen some funky stuff happen to sailplanes on tow when the tow goes pear-shaped.

I've chosen to make the wing in 6 panels. What I'm thinking is to use a spar/web setup for the root panels, then use Drela-style weblets instead of the spar for the mid and tip panels. Remembering that there's a timber veneer 'stressed skin' to add bending stiffness, too.

David.

Posted: 18 Mar 2021, 11:43
by roo Hawkins
One of the ways I do spars on my pat teakle gliders is a wood spar of about 6 mm and glass carbon tows on to each one .I stick pins in and go around them with carbon tow canot do 4 spars in about a hour. After fixing in the wing I add a ply web sometimes with a carbon tape on..I place the carbon side of the spar down side in to the wings and sometimes I lay a carbon spread tow on top. That is my simple method on bigger models I will do the same but with a full carbon d box. The original pat teakle gliders only add two spars in the wing.so the wings flexed a bit too much. But few great.

Posted: 18 Mar 2021, 17:26
by Dave Mackintosh
larrikin wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 09:04 Hi Dave,
What are my thoughts?
You might regret asking that one. :)
As you're about to experience, I'm the classic over-thinker and you'll be flying yours while I'm still pondering mine ... 5 years from now. :oops:

I place a huge importance on torsional stiffness and this will be handled by carbon cloth at +/-45 under a timber veneer skin.
It's the bending stiffness vs strength that has me pondering.
Each time I think I'm happy with a spar arrangement, I recall the Southern Sailplanes Kestrel 17. http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rlearmont/Kestrel.html.
It uses/used a foam core with balsa skins and ZERO spar. Nothing!
And, from memory, there was an aluminium tube only about 200mm long that accepted the joiner rod, the end of which wasn't supported by anything other than the foam core. There may have been a web on one side of the aluminium tube to the top or bottom skin to fill a slot from the hole cutting process where the tube goes into the core, but that was it.
Yes, it's "only" 4.25m span, but I saw a few of these fly and none of them failed during loops or winch launches. The wing flex was a load indicator and the elevator was adjusted accordingly.
I too will be flying my '22 like "an old duffer" with the occasional low-level, high-speed pass, but I have no intention of high "G" manoeuvres.
I used the word "intention" deliberately. Where my quandary lies is, do I account for the unintended "G" manoeuvres that may never happen.
I've seen some funky stuff happen to sailplanes on tow when the tow goes pear-shaped.

I've chosen to make the wing in 6 panels. What I'm thinking is to use a spar/web setup for the root panels, then use Drela-style weblets instead of the spar for the mid and tip panels. Remembering that there's a timber veneer 'stressed skin' to add bending stiffness, too.

David.
Thanks David, Food for thought. I am hatching a plan and will have some pics soon. Something along the lines of the built up Pat Teakle wing. With a tweak or two.
Dave.

Posted: 18 Mar 2021, 17:27
by Dave Mackintosh
roo Hawkins wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 11:43 One of the ways I do spars on my pat teakle gliders is a wood spar of about 6 mm and glass carbon tows on to each one .I stick pins in and go around them with carbon tow canot do 4 spars in about a hour. After fixing in the wing I add a ply web sometimes with a carbon tape on..I place the carbon side of the spar down side in to the wings and sometimes I lay a carbon spread tow on top. That is my simple method on bigger models I will do the same but with a full carbon d box. The original pat teakle gliders only add two spars in the wing.so the wings flexed a bit too much. But few great.
Many thanks Roo.Great info.
Dave.

Posted: 19 Mar 2021, 01:35
by larrikin
Correction.

I was incorrect about the spar arrangement of the Kestrel.
The receiving tube for the joiner bar was ~300mm in length and did have a supporting plywood sub-rib at the end of the tube.
Aged and confused,
David

Posted: 19 Mar 2021, 17:51
by Dave Mackintosh
Evening Chaps.
Progress so far.
Plenty of work still to be done.
rigged.jpg
twinspar.jpg
joiner.jpg

Posted: 21 Mar 2021, 07:23
by larrikin
Some scale wing flex to help decide ...
Stiff and aerobatic or scale flex and flown in a scale manner. :D

https://youtu.be/0lpzPD80LKo

Posted: 21 Mar 2021, 22:39
by Jolly Roger
There's a ASW22 regularly flies from our local club and the wing flex gives it such grace in flight. Looks a bit droopy on the ground though!
P1050435.JPG
P1050445.JPG

Posted: 22 Mar 2021, 10:18
by larrikin
Yep .... bendy :lol:
ColourScheme1.jpg
landing2.jpg
landing2.jpg (13.75 KiB) Viewed 4615 times
ASW22-2.JPG

Posted: 24 Mar 2021, 21:29
by Dave Mackintosh
Evening folks, thanks for the bendy shots ! Heehee.
Here are some shots of my progress. I have assembled the main inner spars, using some serious aluminium box section as a makeshift jig. It worked very well. I then fashioned a small cutting device to cut slots for the quarter inch spruce capping, it worked better than i thought. I toyed with the idea of cutting these as I cut the cores ,but decided this route would be a closer tolerance, and it is. The rigged shots are where I have just push fit the cores into the spar cavities, they fit snuggly and self align.
I have also prepped the fin to receive the elevator servo. I can see this will be a pain to rig at the field, so I will either leave the stab in position, Or....................... any ideas chaps? Maybe some quick release clevis? Your thoughts folks.
Thanks.
port.jpg
rigged.jpg
sparjig.jpg
sparjig2.jpg
sparpanel.jpg
tail servo.jpg
tool.jpg

Posted: 25 Mar 2021, 08:10
by mjcp
Nice workshop ! looks in doors as opposed to a shed :-)

You're learning that you need a bigger table :D
IMG_1313.jpeg
IMG_1314.jpeg

(n.b. not mine, just holding it for someone, but think it may have come through these forums previously)

Posted: 25 Mar 2021, 09:09
by larrikin
Dave Mackintosh wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 21:29 I have also prepped the fin to receive the elevator servo. I can see this will be a pain to rig at the field, so I will either leave the stab in position, Or....................... any ideas chaps? Maybe some quick release clevis? Your thoughts folks.
Thanks.
Dave, FWIW, I'm mounting the elevator servo in the top of the fin with mounting access through the tailplane seat.
The pushrod is horizontal (parallel to the tailplane) and exits through a small hole in the fin post just below the elevator.
On the end of the pushrod is a ball link (see image).
The corresponding sized pin to suit the inside of the ball, drops perpendicular from the elevator.
Connection is just a case of aligning/guiding the pin into the ball, seating the tailplane and then fastening the tailplane bolts.
The height and size of the hole in the fin post determines the amount of "float" in the pushrod so
once the pin is in and tailplane bolts are tightened, the pin can't come out of the ball.

On a scratch built 25% Pilatus B4, the pushrod was vertical, parallel to the fin post.
All I had there was a 90 degree bend at the end of the wire (parallel to the elevator hinge line), with the termination about 10-12mm long.
In the elevator, set back from the hinge line about 20mm, was a control horn with the corresponding sized hole for the wire.
Connection was a matter of sliding the horn (read as 'the tailplane') sideways onto the wire completely to the bend.
At that point, the tailplane bolts aligned with the bolt holes in the top of the fin.
The sideways "float" of the pushrod is limited to the size of the pushrod exit.
Limit the sideways float of the pushrod such that it is impossible for the wire to come out of the control horn without removing the tailplane.
I flew that model hard. Slope aerobatics, winch launches etc at no point was I ever concerned about the elevator connection.
MPJET.JPG

Posted: 25 Mar 2021, 15:58
by Dave Mackintosh
larrikin wrote: 25 Mar 2021, 09:09
Dave Mackintosh wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 21:29 I have also prepped the fin to receive the elevator servo. I can see this will be a pain to rig at the field, so I will either leave the stab in position, Or....................... any ideas chaps? Maybe some quick release clevis? Your thoughts folks.
Thanks.
Dave, FWIW, I'm mounting the elevator servo in the top of the fin with mounting access through the tailplane seat.
The pushrod is horizontal (parallel to the tailplane) and exits through a small hole in the fin post just below the elevator.
On the end of the pushrod is a ball link (see image).
The corresponding sized pin to suit the inside of the ball, drops perpendicular from the elevator.
Connection is just a case of aligning/guiding the pin into the ball, seating the tailplane and then fastening the tailplane bolts.
The height and size of the hole in the fin post determines the amount of "float" in the pushrod so
once the pin is in and tailplane bolts are tightened, the pin can't come out of the ball.

On a scratch built 25% Pilatus B4, the pushrod was vertical, parallel to the fin post.
All I had there was a 90 degree bend at the end of the wire (parallel to the elevator hinge line), with the termination about 10-12mm long.
In the elevator, set back from the hinge line about 20mm, was a control horn with the corresponding sized hole for the wire.
Connection was a matter of sliding the horn (read as 'the tailplane') sideways onto the wire completely to the bend.
At that point, the tailplane bolts aligned with the bolt holes in the top of the fin.
The sideways "float" of the pushrod is limited to the size of the pushrod exit.
Limit the sideways float of the pushrod such that it is impossible for the wire to come out of the control horn without removing the tailplane.
I flew that model hard. Slope aerobatics, winch launches etc at no point was I ever concerned about the elevator connection.
Great! Many thanks.

Posted: 25 Mar 2021, 15:59
by Dave Mackintosh
mjcp wrote: 25 Mar 2021, 08:10 Nice workshop ! looks in doors as opposed to a shed :-)

You're learning that you need a bigger table :D

IMG_1313.jpeg

IMG_1314.jpeg

(n.b. not mine, just holding it for someone, but think it may have come through these forums previously)
Thanks! Yeah it's a bit of a brute as is,and I've yet to add 2 meters of tips yet.

Posted: 25 Mar 2021, 17:16
by roo Hawkins
May have to get one of those 22s

Posted: 25 Mar 2021, 19:29
by Dave Mackintosh
roo Hawkins wrote: 25 Mar 2021, 17:16 May have to get one of those 22s
Do it Roo!

Posted: 26 Mar 2021, 00:11
by larrikin
This question is open to anyone with a 25% ASW22.
What is the empty fuselage weight, please?

If it's not empty, can you advise the contents for comparative purposes, please?

David

Posted: 26 Mar 2021, 15:19
by Dave Mackintosh
larrikin wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 00:11 This question is open to anyone with a 25% ASW22.
What is the empty fuselage weight, please?

If it's not empty, can you advise the contents for comparative purposes, please?

David
Hi David. The pat Teakle 6m span fuz is 1121 grams with nothing installed.
Hope this helps.

Posted: 02 Apr 2021, 19:03
by Dave Mackintosh
Evening chaps. Today I finished all spar work,(I rigged the beast in the back courtyard, this thing is big ! )I hope to get all the core sections fixed in place this week, then skinning will commence. Pictures to follow. Before I get the calculator out, does anyone know the correct wheel size?
Have a fab Easter folks.

Posted: 07 Apr 2021, 21:24
by Dave Mackintosh
Hi Folks, I finally got to rig the foam panels loosely. Had to do it outside as this ship is a monster!
riggedg.jpg
rigged2.jpg

Posted: 07 Apr 2021, 23:19
by Cliff Evans
That is looking good Dave!

Posted: 07 Apr 2021, 23:47
by larrikin
Gotta love that aspect ratio ... thanks for posting.

Posted: 08 Apr 2021, 21:13
by Dave Mackintosh
Cliff Evans wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 23:19 That is looking good Dave!
Thanks Cliff. Getting there. Btw, any idea on the wheel size?

Posted: 08 Apr 2021, 21:14
by Dave Mackintosh
larrikin wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 23:47 Gotta love that aspect ratio ... thanks for posting.
Thanks! My pleasure.

Posted: 09 Apr 2021, 00:16
by BrianF
Hi Dave, great model, they look impressive on the ground or in the air, some footage showing a ASW22 one of our members built here. A Teakle fuselage wasn't available at the time so he made his own plug. The video link below starts from when it appears.
He made a BL version, so 6.6m span, (ignore the 6.7 in the video). He did make a very strong wing based on his previous F3B model making experience, it still flexes. I note the bendy/stiff discussion earlier.

Referring this gliding supplier catalog, https://www.glidingshop.eu/upload/Wheel ... 0Table.pdf
all the ASWs use the standard 5.00-5 main tyre, so for 25%, main wheels 3.5", and a 2" tailwheel are very close.

Posted: 09 Apr 2021, 07:42
by Cliff Evans
Dave Mackintosh wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 21:13
3.5" main wheel. 1-3/4 -2" tailwheel

Posted: 09 Apr 2021, 13:22
by Dave Mackintosh
Cliff Evans wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 07:42
Dave Mackintosh wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 21:13
3.5" main wheel. 1-3/4 -2" tailwheel
Excellent.Thanks.

Posted: 09 Apr 2021, 13:23
by Dave Mackintosh
BrianF wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 00:16 Hi Dave, great model, they look impressive on the ground or in the air, some footage showing a ASW22 one of our members built here. A Teakle fuselage wasn't available at the time so he made his own plug. The video link below starts from when it appears.
He made a BL version, so 6.6m span, (ignore the 6.7 in the video). He did make a very strong wing based on his previous F3B model making experience, it still flexes. I note the bendy/stiff discussion earlier.

Referring this gliding supplier catalog, https://www.glidingshop.eu/upload/Wheel ... 0Table.pdf
all the ASWs use the standard 5.00-5 main tyre, so for 25%, main wheels 3.5", and a 2" tailwheel are very close.

Great info,many thanks!

Posted: 09 Apr 2021, 20:55
by Dave Mackintosh
Gentlemen, today I did something I haven't done for a very long time, charged my gear in preparation for flight. Woohoo!
IMG_20210409_205021.jpg

Posted: 24 Jun 2021, 22:38
by Dave Mackintosh
Hi folks, sorry for no updates, I will be back on track soon with the build as soon as I can, it's been a weird year eh?

Posted: 25 Jun 2021, 00:40
by Cliff Evans
It certainly has Dave!

Re: Pat Teakle Asw 22 6m**

Posted: 23 Dec 2023, 20:28
by Dave Mackintosh
Well hello folks, hope you are all doing good?
I finally had time to begin the final skinning and assembly on the 22.the tips are done,(epoxy bonded balsa and vacuum bagged).I now have to assemble the 40 or so 1/16 x 100mm sheets for the inner panels ,not to mention the colossal vac bag I will need!
I am hoping to be flight ready for the next tow event.(I have toyed with the idea of a electric set up too ,but I think it spoils the beautiful lines so not sure).What are your thought? gents.
Be safe .

Posted: 24 Dec 2023, 08:18
by Cliff Evans
Dave Mackintosh wrote: 23 Dec 2023, 20:28 Well hello folks, hope you are all doing good?
I finally had time to begin the final skinning and assembly on the 22.the tips are done,(epoxy bonded balsa and vacuum bagged).I now have to assemble the 40 or so 1/16 x 100mm sheets for the inner panels ,not to mention the colossal vac bag I will need!
I am hoping to be flight ready for the next tow event.(I have toyed with the idea of a electric set up too ,but I think it spoils the beautiful lines so not sure).What are your thought? gents.
Be safe .
Definitely no!!

Posted: 24 Dec 2023, 18:08
by Tom Pack
Dave Mackintosh wrote: 23 Dec 2023, 20:28 I am hoping to be flight ready for the next tow event.(I have toyed with the idea of a electric set up too ,but I think it spoils the beautiful lines so not sure).What are your thought? gents.
Be safe .
Depends how much you want to fly it…….with a FES drive in the nose and tall enough landing gear you can fly when ever you want……if built as a pure sailplane then you can only fly when there’s a tug available.

Posted: 03 Jan 2024, 02:13
by Philkiteflyer
Tom Pack wrote: 24 Dec 2023, 18:08
Dave Mackintosh wrote: 23 Dec 2023, 20:28 I am hoping to be flight ready for the next tow event.(I have toyed with the idea of a electric set up too ,but I think it spoils the beautiful lines so not sure).What are your thought? gents.
Be safe .
Depends how much you want to fly it…….with a FES drive in the nose and tall enough landing gear you can fly when ever you want……if built as a pure sailplane then you can only fly when there’s a tug available.
Well it is still 'Scale" Cliff . . . . 8-) 8-) -

Phillip C
New Zealand

Posted: 03 Jan 2024, 12:45
by Cliff Evans
Philkiteflyer wrote: 03 Jan 2024, 02:13
Tom Pack wrote: 24 Dec 2023, 18:08
Be safe .
Well it is still 'Scale" Cliff . . . . 8-) 8-) -

Phillip C
New Zealand
Yes, I agree, that is scale!