• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

1/2.7 scale Hutter 17

Let us all watch your new project progress.
C.olson

Re: 1/2.7 scale Hutter 17

Post by C.olson »

Dammed iPad camera !!,! It doesn't seem to matter which way up I take the ruddy photos!!! Sorry
Mick Tomlin

Post by Mick Tomlin »

Click and enlarge and they correct the orientation.
Mick
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

No they don't, but I can.....

Merry Christmas.

BC
Paul_Williams

Post by Paul_Williams »

Chris and I share a love of the diminutive Hutter H.17 and I've promised myself a 1/4 scale model one of these days - all of 2.5 meters span.
Anyhow I had a rummage in my loft and thought that some would be interested to see what an original full size H.17 rudder and fuselage frame look like............ not much bigger than Chris's model !

Paul
Attachments
IMG_4336.JPG
IMG_4337.JPG
IMG_4340.JPG
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Blimey Paul, you have original Hutter 17 parts in your loft! I don't know about other members, but I have Christmas decorations and mice in my loft.
Brian. :o
Paul_Williams

Post by Paul_Williams »

I'm surprised you're surprised Brian !
You'll be telling me next that don't even have a garden railway :lol:

In fact I also have a wing rib from an early 30's RFD primary, which is interesting in that its is not only glued but nailed together !!!
Also some Nyborg components.
Some complete construction drawings plans have come my way - 2 original sets and 4 copy sets, rib ordinates for 2 Horten types
......... plus I've scans of all the Horten Ho229 jet fighter productions drawings......... as you do !

Extracting the Christmas decorations from the loft tends to take a while as I inevitably get a bit distracted.

Cool yule to you all
Paul
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Paul, if I had a garden railway it would have to be amphibious at present, and if it did manage to rise above the waters it would get blown away. I don't even have old models in the loft - I am flying them all!!!
Brian. :D
Paul_Williams

Post by Paul_Williams »

Amphibious trains ! ?????
Nah, that's why we have rc boats !

Although my garden doesn't get terribly soggy, it hasn't been much of a year for the garden railway, so I'm moving towards an N scale Swiss railway running behind my building board.
Cheers
Paul
C.olson

Post by C.olson »

Brian I think Paul is being modest his collection is mind boggling !!! I could have borrowed his hutter bits and built the rest and had a real one !!,
Oh and if there is an amphibious train I'm sure Paul will know of it haha.
Paul_Williams

Post by Paul_Williams »

Stop blogging and get on with the build Chris !

Amphibious trains - now that just silly.
In WW2 the Germans designed a submarine with tank tracks - which is almost as daft.
My personal favourite is the Schwimmpanzer II designed for the invasion of England - with jettisonabble side sponsons each with a prop driven from the rear track sprocket.
But then again, the Horten H.IIIb sailplane was modified to carry ammunition in its centre section and outer wings to re-supply glider borne troops during the invasion ............. ah sanity............sanity claus ?
Cheers
Paul
Attachments
schwim4.jpg
schwim7.jpg