• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

1/2.7 scale Hutter 17

Let us all watch your new project progress.
C.olson

Re: 1/2.7 scale Hutter 17

Post by C.olson »

Phew :roll: I didn't fancy ripping it out!
Cheers Chris.
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

starting to look good chris
C.olson

Post by C.olson »

Cheers Roo,
I may see you up the beacon sometime soon? Although not with the hutter iv got some way to go yet! Your DG looks very nice
C.olson

Post by C.olson »

Having fun keeping this model moving forwards time seems to just fly by whilst down the workshop,
Right now I'm getting the top nose laminated parts glued in (you can never have enough clamps!) the cockpit side liners are all clamped up and has added lots of ridgity to the front section.
Attachments
image.jpeg
C.olson

Post by C.olson »

Finished it!!!! Hell iv not even started the wings yet ! At best I'm only getting an hour or so a day (one has to work unfortunately) so it's little and often at the moment but iv got a week off work very soon so I'll be grabbing plenty of hrs .
Trouble is I do tend to fuss over every bit so I'm working hard to trust myself and just get on.
Chris Wynn

Post by Chris Wynn »

In my teens I used to work weekends at Compton Abbas airfield near Shaftesbury, in the good old days when gliding was allowed there. We had an H.17 stabled there that got airborne on good days. I asked the CFI what it was like, he said it was the only glider we had that could beat the Piper Super Cub 150 tow plane down from 2000 feet!
Chris.
The other CW...
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

The other CW...

Or "Plank Man", as he is known.....

Keep those batteries charged.

:D :D :D :D

BC
C.olson

Post by C.olson »

I'm having so much fun building this! iv not built anything this size before and I havnt built a thing for over ten years (life stuff got in the way) but I had clean forgotten just how rewarding it is to get glue all over ones fingers and time just flys by , to the point I was almost late for my night shift on more than one occasion!
It's moving forwards slowly and iv come to the conclusion I'm not a quick builder ,but hopefully that will change as confidence grows over the next few projects I have planned.
So to keep up to date the fuz is now all framed up and I'm ready to start adding the ply sheet all I need to do first is source some suitable metal for the various wing mounting brackets (noggins metals have some 2014 spec alli does anyone n the know think this will be suitable?) whilst I can't move on with the fuz I got stuck into building the rudder and I hope to start the tailplane next week when my pile of balsa arrives from those top people at SLEC.
image.jpeg
rudder.jpeg
C.olson

Post by C.olson »

Well progress has slowed somewhat, a troublesome problem with my right eye has got progressively worse very quickly and it's proving difficult (not impossible though!) to cut anything accurately i have done some bits here and there but it's taking forever double checking everything
I'm scheduled for an operation in just a few weeks time so I'll be jumping back into the build once I can see straight !
C.olson

Post by C.olson »

Well it's been a frustrating week or two but I'm up and about following my eye surgery , iv been super bored stuck indoors in the dark (everything seems to bright) so within the next week I'll be able to venture back into the dusty workshop again and get back on the hutter .
In the meantime here's one ugly mugshot to amuse you all.
Attachments
image.jpeg