• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

1/2.7 scale Hutter 17

Let us all watch your new project progress.
john greenfield

Re: 1/2.7 scale Hutter 17

Post by john greenfield »

Where is the Parrot ?
Get well soon.

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
C.olson

Post by C.olson »

john greenfield wrote:Where is the Parrot ?
Get well soon.

AEB
The parrot flew off when he was offered a piece of 8
That's the last ruddy parrot I'm calling judas !
C.olson

Post by C.olson »

Well it's been a very dull month or so of recovery as no leaning forwards allowed no dust and no driving ! Going stir crazy as I'm not allowed down the w,shop but all that is behind me now and I hope to be fiddling and fettling the Hutter very soon.
However I am currently indulging in a non scale project right now so I can get some flying in now I can see again and summer is finally here!
It's good to be back .
C.olson

Post by C.olson »

Thanks Martin
I'm all sorted now and I hope to be cracking on with the H17 really soon I'm currently messing about getting some old models airworthy so I can finally get flying again this summer after many years of being grounded.
Very nice picture thanks and I love the asw22 (pat teackle??) but I'm intrigued as to how one gets to borrow a H17 !! You lucky spud.
:D :D
Any cockpit shots would be gladly welcomed iv no instrument shots of a current fullsize for reference.
C.olson

Post by C.olson »

It's been a very hectic few months (hospitals,daughters wedding and trying to complete the restoriation of my classic car)and very little work has been done on the H17 however I seem to have caught up with everything "domestic" and I have managed to begin framing up the tailplane on the hutter this week.
I do need to now tackle the metalwork for wing retention and then I can get cracking on building the wing spars finally.
I didnt even manage to get out and fly this year!!
COLSON

Post by COLSON »

This thread dates back too 2016 and a lot has gone on in the world since my last post here ,
The hutter is safe and well but alas she is sulking a little dusty and still in her build jig .
She does however now live in french France ! And is currently sitting on top of a pile (lifetimes collection) of model kits magazines and various brown nondescript boxes labbled “hobby stuff” all equally dusty!

Rest assured the hutter will be resurrected and hopefully the hobby room I have designated in the house will have an insulated ceiling , lights and a few plug sockets but it’s going to be 2022 by the time the room is done!
A lot of work has been done on the farmhouse and of course COVID lockdowns meant our planned new roof got delayed but thankfully it’s done now we have got our residents passes and can call France our home now ,

I realise posting this on this old thread probably isn’t really the right place to say hello again to everyone and not post any real build updates but I wanted to show that not all the old half started projects or threads are lost ! some get moved on some get broken up and some age and mature like a fine wine and get savoured and enjoyed !!!
Let’s hope the hutter gets the fine wine treatment after what’s proving be be a long hard slog of restoring a farmhouse!
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Great to see you back. Can you sort Macron out for us?
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
COLSON

Post by COLSON »

:D Hello Cliff

You know what I don’t have access to uk tv ! My french is still” tre” bad haha and I’m usually so tired after bashing walls hoovering cobwebs and fitting plasterboard i don’t Google current affairs !! Haha.
But my guess is it’s post brexit and either farmers or fishing ???

You know what I don’t wanna know ! The only thing I need to know is balsawood still on the endangered list??
I’ve got a whole stack of your excellent laser cut Hutter wing ribs here waiting to get joined together next year!
Oh I do have a barn to restore and build the hobby workshop first though!