• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

All feathering prop**

Let us all watch your new project progress.
Noël Rumers

All feathering prop**

Post by Noël Rumers »

Hi,
As promised here is the beginning of all info on the building of the all feathering prop.
It was not my design but that of Horst W. in Germany. He has designed a very nice working all feathering prop. He used a standard epoxy prop with aluminum back plate. One would think it would have been copy paste...it wasn't so for me.
Working my way through the info and measurements, I was able to change a few things due to " ... "s and " ,,, "s ... so to speak. This helped me to get all working the same way but with less tuning in the end.
You would need a planning made of what and how. To help all info and a lot of pictures to show you how I worked my way from even the spinner up to the finished working all feathering prop.
What do you need to build it? Not that much in the end. I have a small turning and milling machine, dividing head and cutting tools for both machines. Possibly it all can be done in another way, working for you, so feel free to find your own way in it like I did with the original design...
See the drawing that I used to build the feathering prop with the technical data I found about the gear set. 2/1 Reduction, Module 1 with 30/15 teeth.
More to come after our little holiday.
Noël
The ready to buy epoxy spinner and my aluminum one
The ready to buy epoxy spinner and my aluminum one
2016 03 230001Drawing parts feathering prop.JPG
2016 03 230002Drawing parts feathering prop.JPG
2016 03 230003Drawing parts feathering prop.JPG
2016 03 230023Drawing parts feathering prop.JPG
2016 03 230024Drawing parts feathering prop.JPG
2016 03 230025Drawing parts feathering prop.JPG
This is Horst's design
This is Horst's design