• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

The Return Of The Plank**

Let us all watch your new project progress.
Chris Wynn

The Return Of The Plank**

Post by Chris Wynn »

Just when you thought it was safe to get back to the slope!

I'm in the process of refurbishing the Plank, even though she's not actually flown too much, this was made necessary after finding that the rudder servos metal gears were stripped after only about half a dozen flights. As all the servos were the same type it seemed only right that I change the lot in the interests of flight safety.

The first one to be changed is the tow release as I don't fancy being hung up behind the tug, this is changed for a standard size servo with greater torque and even greater confidence on my part. I'm in the process of fabricating a side mount for the servo to maintain a straight pull to the release, also, the pushrod will be changed to a solid one for greater security. When I worked for Skyleader, (Google it), we gave side mounts in the outfits that were for ailerons servos which were mounted on the wing centre line back then.

Further tasks are to change the rudder and elevon servos, this should take care of the unsatisfactory backlash in the elevon's, re-spray the nose to tidy up the appearance a bit and fit harness for 'pilot'. Fred may yet get to see the kit I bought from him those years ago, safely in the air at last, shame the old build log disappeared 8-)

Cheers folks,

Chris.
Attachments
The Return Of The Plank.pdf
(158.68 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
The other CW...