frsky RB-10

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
jack

frsky RB-10

Post by jack » 05 Dec 2018, 19:02

Hi all,just got an rb-10 redundancy bus..nice bit of kit,however,l was not too impressed to find that l will need to solder the leads from my two battery packs on to two VERY small solder pads,easy enough if you are a dab hand with a soldering iron, :shock: :l would have thought Frsky could have fitted a plug on each side to plug into,my soldering is definitely of the agricultural variety,usually carried out with a screaming hot 100 watt iron :oops: oh well,burnt fingers again :?

Cliff Evans

Re: frsky RB-10

Post by Cliff Evans » 05 Dec 2018, 21:58

I have three of these, I am sure that if you contact the seller they will iether refund or exchange especially if it is T9 Hobbysport, Richard is very easy to deal with. You may want to look at the RB-20 which has two multiplex sockets for the battery connection. Both units are very good!

Peter Balcombe

Re: frsky RB-10

Post by Peter Balcombe » 05 Dec 2018, 22:18

Jack,
I agree with Cliff, especially if all you have is a 100w soldering iron and limited soldering experience.
The contacts are quite small and close together, so easy to bridge the contacts/overheat & take them off altogether - thereby probably destroying the unit.

I would suggest either changing the unit whilst still in perfect condition, or finding someone nearby who can do the soldering for you.