• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

New frsky rx

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Andrew Ray

Re: New frsky rx

Post by Andrew Ray »

Sorted!

I hadn't realised that it was in sbus mode, I rebound with the jumper between ch1 and ch2 to set PWM mode and that fixed it. The esc arms and works correctly and the servo travel is nice and smooth.
Andrew Ray

Post by Andrew Ray »

Hi Mark, it's at http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=sportset

Unfortunately I've realised I was thinking of something else, sportset is for calibration for the S6R gyros. My grey matter is getting a bit fuddled as I have been in the process of updating the firmware of my receivers to EU LBT, calibrating the S6R, setting this G-RX8 up, updating my tx to use the iRangeX 4 in 1 module and getting the update tool for the UMX AS3X receivers to work. None of it works seamlessly and is somewhat of a challenge, I'd rather bash balsa.

I have find the easiest way to update the FrSky receivers is to use the tx, the firmware can be downloaded onto your Mac from FrSky and then the folders copied onto the SD card (it can't be opened on my Mac but doesn't need to be, just un-zipped). FrSky have a tutorial and the basics are the same https://www.frsky-rc.com/how-to-use-the ... -receiver/

Apologies for the duff gen.
Weds

Post by Weds »

I've just had a Frsky G-RX8 Rx replaced due to it loosing the output on channel 1, the new Rx has a label on the back of the packaging that says do NOT reverse the signal pin and ground pin on the servo plug. So make sure you plug the leads in the right way round. Without a case and the notches for the futaba plugs extra care is required..

I suspect they have had a few returns...