• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

New frsky rx

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Tony Woods

Re: New frsky rx

Post by Tony Woods »

I think that the frsky Virus is still attacking him. :mrgreen:
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

To be fair to Frsky, their rx's are generally superb and a third of the price of the Jeti equivalent (which are superb).

You pays yer money...

Ell.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Elliot Howells wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 21:53 chaps, having trouble getting my G-rx8 to bind (it worked first time and went blue) now all I get is either a solid red light or a flashing red light and no bind either way.

Tried other x series receivers with success, flashed the firmware on frsky's advice - any thoughts?

Cheers, Ell.
Hi Elliot. Nice video.
Try holding the bind button down!!!!!

You need to jumper 1 & 2 for 8 Ch operation.

BC
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Roberto,
Yes that is the way it is at present.

It's easy to do the update. Which Tx are you using??

Where would you buy the Rx from??

BC
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Roberto Alonso wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 10:29 So, now that we’re re-flashing receivers: is it possible to re-flash a non-EU X8R to the correct EU version, and/or viceversa, with full confidence? I’ve read rumors on RCG about problems doing so. I don’t need to do this now, but I’m positive that sooner or later I’ll end up inadvertently buying the wrong version.
Roberto,
Yes it is possible, with no problems. The hardware is identical in EU and NON EU receivers. Same goes for the Transmitters.

BC
Weds

Post by Weds »

[quote="Roberto Alonso" post_id=15143 time=1508664551 user_id=1151]
So, now that we’re re-flashing receivers: is it possible to re-flash a non-EU X8R to the correct EU version, and/or viceversa, with full confidence? I’ve read rumors on RCG about problems doing so. I don’t need to do this now, but I’m positive that sooner or later I’ll end up inadvertently buying the wrong version.
[/quote]

I thought it was possible to flash non EU to EU but not the other way round as the EU Rx's have been locked..
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

I thought it was possible to flash non EU to EU but not the other way round as the EU Rx's have been locked..

No, all receivers are able to be re-flashed. There was talk that the EU Txs may be locked, but this has not happened. (As far as I know)

BC
Andrew Ray

Post by Andrew Ray »

I don't think I'm having much luck flashing this, I have downloaded the latest firmware which defaults to 18ms but the servos move in minute but noticeable steps and the esc doesn't work (I have refitted the original X8R and it all works perfectly). I jumped the two signal pins at ch5 and ch6 to set 9ms just to see if there was any difference, there wasn't. I am doing the update through the transmitter and I have heard that it is recommended to update via the STK tool, unfortunately mine doesn't seem to work consistently so I have ordered another.

Any ideas? I do need 18ms on this receiver as the glider is fitted with analogue servos.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Andrew, E-mail sent.

Mark, Nice to see you anytime. Give me a ring..

BC
Andrew Ray

Post by Andrew Ray »

Mark, MikeB on OpenRC has developed a program he calls Sport Set that should work with Mac, I didn't persevere with it as I thought it would be easier to partition the disc and install Windows on my MacBook.

I have a FrUSB-3 that seems to work consistently and will upgrade the firmware on all but the G-RX8. The STK tool I have only seems to work occasionally so I ordered a new one from T9 today. I have also been able to upgrade using the tx which I find easier and indicates that the G-XR8 has upgraded correctly but......

Barry, I'm going to see if there is any difference when the new STK tool arrives, hopefully tomorrow.